Gulches SC Jeepforum Trip (Im driving from around Raliegh NC) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > South Carolina Jeep Forum > Gulches SC Jeepforum Trip (Im driving from around Raliegh NC)

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSave 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!

Unread 02-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
EaglesSJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Gulches SC Jeepforum Trip (Im driving from around Raliegh NC)

ok so I want to put a trip together to go down to Gulches SC ORV on MARCH 6TH. It is about a 4.5 to 5 hr trip to get down there from Eastern NC. I would think we would all leave at like 530ish AM so we could start wheeling by about 1130 (giving everyone a lunch break before we start) wheel all day saturday and camp out that night and then maybe a little bit on sunday and head back home sunday afternoon.

I will be driving from the small town of princeton NC which is about 40 minutes east of Raliegh if anyone wants to convoy on the way down there. It would also be nice to meet some people from South Carolina or Georgia that wanted to go as well.

If this sounds like something you want to do please post up in this thread and well try to start making some plans.

More info can be found here:
Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park

www.gulchesorvpark.com
6850 Indian Mound Road
Waterloo, SC 29384-3524
(864) 449-5698

Unread 02-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ive never been to Gulches but I do want to try some trails out. I only live 30 min from gulches but my xfer case linkage is broke and i need new tires.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

You'll definitely want to check with Skip (owner) closer to time for your trip. We had a trip planned at the end of January but they had to close the park due to flooding and weather.

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
EaglesSJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YHC2000WJ View Post
You'll definitely want to check with Skip (owner) closer to time for your trip. We had a trip planned at the end of January but they had to close the park due to flooding and weather.
ok thanks for that info!

Unread 02-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
cj777
1977 CJ7 

I might be able to go. I've never been to Gulches, but have been meaning to check it out.

'74 CJ5
'81 CJ7
'03 TJ
cj777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
zukibud600
1997 ZJ 

Ditto on the double check with Skip the week before you come down. I live 15 minutes from the park and the weather has been killing Skip with closures. There is also plans for another BIG group to be coming down on the 03-06-10 from western NC. I have seen some of these guys in action and crazy comes to mind watching these guys wheel!! Hope to see you there!!
zukibud600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
EaglesSJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukibud600 View Post
Ditto on the double check with Skip the week before you come down. I live 15 minutes from the park and the weather has been killing Skip with closures. There is also plans for another BIG group to be coming down on the 03-06-10 from western NC. I have seen some of these guys in action and crazy comes to mind watching these guys wheel!! Hope to see you there!!
does he just close because its cold or what? I cant imagine an offroad park closing due to "adverse trail conditions" lol thats kinda the whole reason were going lol

Unread 02-22-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
zukibud600
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesSJ View Post
does he just close because its cold or what? I cant imagine an offroad park closing due to "adverse trail conditions" lol thats kinda the whole reason were going lol
Never closes due to cold weather! For the past couple of months we have been getting a lot of rain during the end of the week and weekends. The bottom of the property is right on the river that runs from Greenville and with so much water the river has been coming over the banks and making the bottom trails that connect all the trails together impassable. He was open this past weekend since we have had beautiful weather all week and weekend. Was muddy in some spots but was a great weekend. Its just better if you call Skip that Thursday or Friday before you come down and see how the weather has been or is gonna be that weekend! Heres a link to some pictures from this past Saturday. Hope you get to make it!!!
GulchesORVPark.com • View topic - Few shots from today 2-20-10
Unread 02-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #9
EaglesSJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i can see where flooded rivers would cause some problems lol

Unread 02-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
zukibud600
1997 ZJ 

You can also go on the Gulches forum and in the general section, Skip usually updates ppl on Thursday and Friday of what kind of condition the park is in. But with you coming from such a long way I would call and double check before you head out. Heres the link
GulchesORVPark.com • Index page

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.