Gulches ORV Trip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > South Carolina Jeep Forum > Gulches ORV Trip

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 02-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
Heep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Gulches ORV Trip

We've got a group going to Gulches on Sunday March 1st. http://www.gulchesorvpark.com/

Heep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
dawgfan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heep View Post
We've got a group going to Gulches on Sunday March 1st. http://www.gulchesorvpark.com/
Damn, we are going Sat March 7th. You should wait a week Anyone else free for that weekend, come on out
dawgfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

have you ever been before? Our club went there last weekend (I didnt get to go though...) but a lot of them complained 90% of it was just to easy. Not all built rigs, most DD's. I wanted to go so I am curious what others think of it too.
Unread 02-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
ohvkj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJerm View Post
have you ever been before? Our club went there last weekend (I didnt get to go though...) but a lot of them complained 90% of it was just to easy. Not all built rigs, most DD's. I wanted to go so I am curious what others think of it too.
really?? what club?? my club was there this past weekend and it had it hard spots...most of the trails don't have a medium... it is my easy or extra hard
Unread 02-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
dawgfan77

I've never been, but everyone going with me have DD's anyway. I've spoken to quite a few regulars who claim there is something for everyone. And with some rain, it goes from easy to hard fast.
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #6
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvkj View Post
really?? what club?? my club was there this past weekend and it had it hard spots...most of the trails don't have a medium... it is my easy or extra hard
GA Trail Riders. They said there were a few hill climbs that would challenge any rig but for the most part things were pretty simple. Now I don't know what trails they did but the rode all day. Vehicles ranged from a built trailered XJ, DD TJ's, a Ranger on 35's and a JK stock height with 32's... you get the idea, pretty diverse in vehicles (had a dodge truck as well I think) and level of the rigs.
Unread 02-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
ohvkj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

well are smallest rig was a FSJ on 33's the largest was a cherokee on 40" most of us ar locked and on the larger side of the spectrum...we didn't get a chance to do all the trails there but it was challenging...did a few where you needed 35's lock and bigger
Unread 02-27-2009, 07:28 AM   #8
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ive always wanted to go. I am only 45 min away. I think my jeep would do decently well at gulches but i dunno how much my d35 can hold up to 33s out there. Ill try to make it though. Anymore information on gulches would be appreciated.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #9
dawgfan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Ive always wanted to go. I am only 45 min away. I think my jeep would do decently well at gulches but i dunno how much my d35 can hold up to 33s out there. Ill try to make it though. Anymore information on gulches would be appreciated.
You'll be fine, There will be a TJ and an XJ with d35 and 33's in my group so you won't be the only one. Look up SC Gulches ORV. There website will tell you all you need to know. If you want to try to meet up, PM me and I'll give you my #.
Unread 02-28-2009, 06:38 AM   #10
StevenH

Theres nothing pretty simple about most of the obstacles at Gulches, it's an awesome place. There are plenty of rocks, ledges and steep/tall hillclimbs
StevenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 06:48 AM   #11
StevenH

My piece of junk at Gulches

Unread 02-28-2009, 06:52 AM   #12
StevenH

more
Unread 02-28-2009, 07:06 AM   #13
StevenH

Take an extra diff cover

And a spare tire

May as well have a little flex

Better bring a welder to weld your motor mount back together. not pretty but it held...

...until the draglink broke

and something must have pulled my brake line apart

and if you drive a JK ya better watch thosetaillight brackets because they hang out the side

another tire off the bead

Unread 02-28-2009, 07:06 AM   #14
StevenH

few more wheeling pics

Unread 02-28-2009, 07:10 AM   #15
StevenH

Those pictures are all from our last time there

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.