Gulches Off Road park needs your help - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > South Carolina Jeep Forum > Gulches Off Road park needs your help

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #31
NewtonGT
2000 WJ 

there were alot of jeeps on the interstate tonight. I assumed they were going to the gulches

My Build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/newtongts-wj-build-1165332/
NewtonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #32
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

I'm loaded up and ready to hit the road in the morning. Can't wait to see how big the turnout is...

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 01:39 AM   #33
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Okay, I'll be the one to say it. I live close enough to your park to visit it, but to be honest, you charge too much and the fact that you practically bragged about the park being "handsomely" profitable only proves my point. I'm all for turning a profit and its a great idea, but don't rape people.

If you are being "handsomely" rewarded, then I bet your prices could be lowered and you would still make a decent profit.

There are many good wheeling spots in the southeast that are MUCH cheaper than your place to ride: Harlen County, Uwharrie, Coal Creek, etc.

Come back down to earth with your prices and THEN ask for help. You will probably get an even bigger response.
Unread 02-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #34
EdJonesJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Almost 500 rigs showed up. It was very crowded but very well organized.

@igrok $30 with a passenger is not that bad. For a park that does not get any additional support its the least we could do to help. Sure URE and others are cheaper but you have to realize how big there community is, how long they've been around and realize that if you don't want other parks to go the way of Tellico..... open you wallet.
EdJonesJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #35
RustedWrangler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You can't even go to the movies for under $30 these days (unless you go by yourself). $30 is very average pricing for this type of thing.
RustedWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #36
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Maybe on the East coast, and I understand the laws of supply and demand. I'm not a "frugal Mcdugall" by any means, but am very sensitive to the fact that the sport of offroading started out as a blue collar activity and taking advantage of folks just because you can is not an excuse. And what does the fate of Tellico have to do with a privately owned park?????

$30 is one of the highest priced parks in the southeast, so no, its not "average". I'm not trying to spread hate and discontent, and I'm glad there was such a large turnout. I'm just stating that the guy (based on his previous posts) could lower his price and help everyone else out to enjoy the sport and in turn, help himself to more customers.
Unread 02-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #37
KRIPPLE
2008 JK Wrangler 

video from "Save the Gulches"

Enjoy

KRIPPLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #38
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater_kamik View Post
I will be the one in the black and white transformers buggy. Cant miss it, boggers and it says "police" on the side as well as "to punish and enslave".
We were behind you a few times on the trail! That was a nice rig...

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #39
tater_kamik
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
We were behind you a few times on the trail! That was a nice rig...

-Jason
Thank you! I wish I would have known, I would have said hey! It was definately an amazing turnout for a great cause. Being that the event was started by someone other than owner and spread by people who love the park says a lot.
tater_kamik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #40
tater_kamik
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by igrok View Post
Okay, I'll be the one to say it. I live close enough to your park to visit it, but to be honest, you charge too much and the fact that you practically bragged about the park being "handsomely" profitable only proves my point. I'm all for turning a profit and its a great idea, but don't rape people.

If you are being "handsomely" rewarded, then I bet your prices could be lowered and you would still make a decent profit.

There are many good wheeling spots in the southeast that are MUCH cheaper than your place to ride: Harlen County, Uwharrie, Coal Creek, etc.

Come back down to earth with your prices and THEN ask for help. You will probably get an even bigger response.
This thread was started by a person that wanted to support the event so I am not sure who you are referring to by saying "you". Skip has never bragged about being profitable, but you would not know that since you have never been to Gulches. In fact, he is one of the nicest people I have met that would do anything to help another person. He placed a lot of his own money in to allowing people to ride and has taken very little himself. Most everything was put back into the park for us to enjoy and it shows from when Gulches first opened till now.

As far as pricing goes, it is more than reasonable especially when you consider that it is a private park that is very well maintained. Gulches is not closing trails, but rather making them for us to enjoy. Skip and his wife have sacrificed a lot in order to allow the park to stay open including their own retirement savings.

The response to the event was tremendous with over 500 rigs and over 800 people who signed in. Skip's thank you's and his open letter of appreciation on the Gulches site is truly from the heart.

Maybe instead of blindly accusing someone of "raping", you should educate yourself about the park, the situation, and other views other than yours. You could also try posting your point of view on the Gulches forum. Of course, you could always come out and see what you Gulches has to offer since you have never been and have only looked at your point of view monetarily. I would be more than happy to show you around
Unread 02-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #41
KRIPPLE
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by igrok View Post

you say "I'll be the one to say this" as if someone actually supports your gripe...and if someone does support it they are as ignorant as you. In an industry where activist are doing everything they can to shut us down where we wheel, the people that buy land and offer it to us as a private place to wheel are the ones we SHOULD support no matter the price...to undertake an OHV park is a big deal...there is up keep, property taxes, insurance, liabilities and risk. Also who could have asked for a bigger response...500+ rigs 700+ spectators...with nothing but these snide things to say you should do us all a favor and take up drifting or some **** lol and stay off the trails all together...I've never heard of Skip "bragging"...but you know what? I hope he does do great with profit, because it will be motivation to keep up a good place to wheel. No worries though, the rest of us supported him and his efforts just fine without cha
KRIPPLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #42
tater_kamik
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I could not agree more with you Kripple. It was great seeing ya down there! It has been quite a while since I had seen yall and the JK was looking great! Hopefully we will be able to do some serious wheeling soon!
Unread 02-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #43
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Kripple's JK was there! Crap, I missed it. That is one of this sickest JK's I have ever seen...

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #44
fsSnowboard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I had an awesome time. It was great seeing allot of built rigs doing the difficult obstacles.

Fox Carolina was there -> http://www.foxcarolina.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks_video_id=4548303

Here are some pics that I took of random rigs.
http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/fsSnowboard/Save%20the%20Gulches%20Event/

and some video:

fsSnowboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #45
WillMcD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsSnowboard View Post
Here are some pics that I took of random rigs.
http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/fsSnowboard/
Hey thats me! (my gf in the black shirt and im behind her.)
04 WJ Limited Black, 5.5" LA hybrid (IRO Trackbar, Teraflex Springs, Bilstein 5100/5125 Shocks, IRO Critical Path High Clearance LA's + KOR 3/4" spacers, JKS Disconnects) 32" Firestone Destination M/T's, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Black Moabs, Muffler Delete, Hella 700ff's, Yakima Load Warrior

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Phil:4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=billzcat;10933305]a lot of people waste their life playing FB games all day like Farmville, Cityville, Gangsterville, Hookersnblowville, Idonteffingcareville[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Green"]August 2011 GCOTM Winner[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE="3"][CENTER]Build Thread:[/CENTER]
[CENTER][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04-wj-college-build-willmcd-1050247/#post9619953"]04 WJ College Build-WillMcD[/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]
WillMcD is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.