Gulches camping - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > South Carolina Jeep Forum > Gulches camping

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
YelloJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Gulches camping

I was just wondering how many folks out there have done the camping out at the Gulches or if most of you just ride for the day?
For those of you who do camp out there...Is it worth it?
I haven't even been out there to ride yet but once my jeep is trail ready I plan to. I will probably see if any of you fine folks want to help a newbie out on the trails...

YelloJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
GREASEMONKEY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Gulches is well worth camping, and spending a weekend. I suggest camping during early spring, or late fall. The weather can be relentless during the dead heat of summer. Be sure you reserve your camp site in advance, and check the Gulches site for any events going on at that time. In my opinion it's so packed during a holliday, or event that you can't have any fun. The trails are packed, and congested so bad it sucks. If you use the link in my signature you can keep up with the SC crowd, or use the gulches forum.
Our club has members all over the state, and we have several rides a year to gulches, and all over the south east.
My Ammo Can Console
------------------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
YelloJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, good info. I live only about 20 minutes away from the Gulches.
Unread 06-02-2010, 06:23 AM   #4
YelloJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

What about ATVs? I know you can ride ATVs there but would it be any good for a couple of Recon 250s?
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
GREASEMONKEY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sure. check this out.....

YouTube - 6x6 ATVs attack Gulches Off Road Park

That's me & a few friends playing there.
My Ammo Can Console
------------------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.