Good trails in the Blythewood, SC area ?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > South Carolina Jeep Forum > Good trails in the Blythewood, SC area ??

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
achduliebe
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Good trails in the Blythewood, SC area ??

Howdy Fellas,

Anybody know of some good trails or mud holes in the Blythewood area of SC? I have exhausted all that I remember from my teenage years. Well that is, the areas that haven't been turned into neighborhoods since I was a teenager.

I know about the Gulches in the upstate but was looking for something a little closer that I can get on in the evenings or take my daughter out on in her XJ.

Thanks,
Bryan

achduliebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
phil1330
1964 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by achduliebe View Post
Howdy Fellas,

Anybody know of some good trails or mud holes in the Blythewood area of SC? I have exhausted all that I remember from my teenage years. Well that is, the areas that haven't been turned into neighborhoods since I was a teenager.

I know about the Gulches in the upstate but was looking for something a little closer that I can get on in the evenings or take my daughter out on in her XJ.

Thanks,
Bryan
No clue but when you find something post it up. I might go hit it up.
Unread 07-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
02JEEP
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's been a few years so I may be wrong with the details but when we used to go there was a powerline trail behind the comfort inn(?) off Blythewood Rd and it ran down to Boney Rd. Used to be a pretty good trail with a nice creek crossing. This was back in roughly 03-05. Are you on offroadsc.com? They have a trail setup off exit 33 on 20 that they all wheel at. DJ

Jeep in a Box-Used Jeep Parts
https://www.facebook.com/jeepinabox
02JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
achduliebe
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry guys, I just realized that I had never responded to these messages. I know some guys wheel on the power lines off of Locklear which is the dirt road that runs next to the Masonic lodge on Blythewood Road by I77. I have never been on the trail behind he Comfort Suites, I will have to see if I can find out some information about that. As for the site mentioned, I am not on that site but will definitely check that out. Exit 33 on I 20 is out towards Leesville, that would not be a bad weekend trip at all. Of course I need to get some more appropriate tires and a bit of lift under mine before I adventure on any tough trails.

I will update if I come across any good trails or find out any potential areas to ride.

-Bryan
Unread 02-07-2014, 05:40 AM   #5
ducktail
2009 WK 

Not Blythewood but there is a spot the boys call the bog off of Pineview between Bluff and Garner's. Going down Shop, turn left on Pineview and it is a short piece up the road. Turn right on a dirt road right before tracks as I recall. Seems someone is always getting left out there over night since they don't have the gear.
Unread 02-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #6
Themyth

I just got stationed here and bought a home and blythewood. Curious as to trails and groups, are there any? Thanks sean
Themyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
cgd1113
2007 WK 

I live near blythewood. I am curious about dirt trails. I want to do it too.

I have looked at glutches. Looks good. I have not take my jeep wk for off road yet..
Unread 02-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #8
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not too far...

http://www.coastalcarolinaoffroad.co...-off-road-park
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #9
cgd1113
2007 WK 

Last weekend I went to end of Boney rd. Saw the decent powerline trails. Im afraid if I am going to do it and get caught?
Unread 08-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #10
cgd1113
2007 WK 

Planning to go there tomorrow.
Unread 08-17-2014, 08:01 AM   #11
achduliebe
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Did you make it over there yesterday? I haven't gone down there to check it out yet, my Jeep is out of commission right now why I do some mods.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.