Good trails in the Blythewood, SC area ?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > South Carolina Jeep Forum > Good trails in the Blythewood, SC area ??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
achduliebe
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Good trails in the Blythewood, SC area ??

Howdy Fellas,

Anybody know of some good trails or mud holes in the Blythewood area of SC? I have exhausted all that I remember from my teenage years. Well that is, the areas that haven't been turned into neighborhoods since I was a teenager.

I know about the Gulches in the upstate but was looking for something a little closer that I can get on in the evenings or take my daughter out on in her XJ.

Thanks,
Bryan

achduliebe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
phil1330
1964 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by achduliebe View Post
Howdy Fellas,

Anybody know of some good trails or mud holes in the Blythewood area of SC? I have exhausted all that I remember from my teenage years. Well that is, the areas that haven't been turned into neighborhoods since I was a teenager.

I know about the Gulches in the upstate but was looking for something a little closer that I can get on in the evenings or take my daughter out on in her XJ.

Thanks,
Bryan
No clue but when you find something post it up. I might go hit it up.
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
02JEEP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It's been a few years so I may be wrong with the details but when we used to go there was a powerline trail behind the comfort inn(?) off Blythewood Rd and it ran down to Boney Rd. Used to be a pretty good trail with a nice creek crossing. This was back in roughly 03-05. Are you on offroadsc.com? They have a trail setup off exit 33 on 20 that they all wheel at. DJ
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
achduliebe
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry guys, I just realized that I had never responded to these messages. I know some guys wheel on the power lines off of Locklear which is the dirt road that runs next to the Masonic lodge on Blythewood Road by I77. I have never been on the trail behind he Comfort Suites, I will have to see if I can find out some information about that. As for the site mentioned, I am not on that site but will definitely check that out. Exit 33 on I 20 is out towards Leesville, that would not be a bad weekend trip at all. Of course I need to get some more appropriate tires and a bit of lift under mine before I adventure on any tough trails.

I will update if I come across any good trails or find out any potential areas to ride.

-Bryan
Unread 02-07-2014, 06:40 AM   #5
ducktail
2009 WK 

Not Blythewood but there is a spot the boys call the bog off of Pineview between Bluff and Garner's. Going down Shop, turn left on Pineview and it is a short piece up the road. Turn right on a dirt road right before tracks as I recall. Seems someone is always getting left out there over night since they don't have the gear.
Unread 02-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
Themyth

I just got stationed here and bought a home and blythewood. Curious as to trails and groups, are there any? Thanks sean
Themyth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #7
cgd1113
2007 WK 

I live near blythewood. I am curious about dirt trails. I want to do it too.

I have looked at glutches. Looks good. I have not take my jeep wk for off road yet..
Unread 02-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #8
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not too far...

http://www.coastalcarolinaoffroad.co...-off-road-park
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 02:18 PM   #9
cgd1113
2007 WK 

Last weekend I went to end of Boney rd. Saw the decent powerline trails. Im afraid if I am going to do it and get caught?
Unread 08-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #10
cgd1113
2007 WK 

Planning to go there tomorrow.
Unread 08-17-2014, 09:01 AM   #11
achduliebe
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Did you make it over there yesterday? I haven't gone down there to check it out yet, my Jeep is out of commission right now why I do some mods.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.