thanks for the info on the TPS mountainman864.it was the main problem.however now have a code for the throttle pedal.if anybody can help with this.the idle seems steady but bogs on stops a lot less than before,and when i punch the pedal it "WHA-OPSS" for air slightly.and also it shifted into first and second , but stayed open throttle 38mph and above on (RT.176).i know the TPS was the first step.has anybody else come across this ,because i know it sure as heck-fire isn't the PCM so the dealer can eat his $700 MSRP.beside advanced auto has the board for $197.00
And does anybody know where to get a CD/CASSETTE 3 band radio mine seems to feed well on grateful dead discs. CAN A BROTHER OR A SISTER HELP A 1997 GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO 4.0 ltr .
thanks mountain man again for the TPS sensor,however.it ended up not solving the problem.changed the idle air sensor and it raced the RPM'S to 3500.i ended up putting the old one back on and it did the same thing.an hour later i remembered that when i took off the old one that i had pushed the plung back down and as i kept taking it off and pulling it out little by little.the RPM'S began to drop and the second time i did it ,i remembered on shut off that i forgot to plug the valve in,so i plugged it in and the same thing RPM'S remained so i confirmed with a jeep machanic from NEW YORK that it's either the PCM,or a problem in the wiring. i have been in the Spartanburg area since 2004 and getting help from most people down south without beer or money is almost next to impossible.isn't like back in the 70's & 80's when people were true patriots and looked out for each other,but again thanks,because you are the only one that actually attempted to help a brother.now that i have been honest the crucifixion replies probably won't stop. I owe you one and keep on being a true AMERICAN..keep on jeepin'......(!):}.........
ouch, your being a little harsh. Just read the thread, since this is a local category it doesn't get as much traffic. I don't know much, but maybe have you tried clearing your computer? Short the positive cable to the negative terminal for a bit. Other than that I don't know and I would be in the same boat. Try posting in the XJ Tech section also if you haven't already.
My Build -> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/fssnowboards-2005-tj-x-1133763/
Got some CJ and YJ parts for sell in Rock Hill. GIve me a call and lets make a deal prices are not in stone make an offer and lets get some parts gone. The more you buy the better deal i can make for you. If you live close I will be happy to bring it to you. Pictures upon request!!!! This is not the entire list if you are looking for something let me know most likely i have it. text me before 9 pm @ 8035260270 and I will respond if not i check this page everyday.
1. Clutch pedals out of 1980 cj 7 $25.00 obo
2. Jeep T-5 transmission and shifter that is totally rebuilt. $800
3. Jeep SR-4 transmission with out shifter that is currently rebuilt. $500
4. Amc 20 rear end, in good operating condition 3.38 gear ratio, would be good upgrade for fragile dana 35 $100.00 obo.
5.. I have a 1980 cj 7 grill $20.00 obo
6. SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
7. 1 set of wide steel bullet hole rims (these rims are very wide, probably 10" wide) need sand blasting they are 15 inch by 10 inches wide and 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern for cj $45.00 obo
8. New clutch kit in box for an older 3 speed transmission $45.00 obo
9. T-5 bellousing with clutch fork $45.00 obo
10. Newer clutch kit for t-5 trans, used but in like new condition $40.00 obo
11. 1980 Jeep CJ 7 master cylinder $10.00 obo
12.dana 300 transfer case in good condition. $100.00.obo !!!!!PENDING PENDING!!!!!!
13. 1980 Jeep CJ 7 slave cylinder reservior $10.00 obo
14. 1980 Jeep CJ 7 soft top framing $75.00 obo .
15. Dana 30 front axle out of 80 jeep cj 7 has warn hubs and disc brakes
16. Dana 30 out of 1980 cj 7 3.38 gear $100.00 obo
17. SOLD SOLD SOLD
18. 1980 Jeep CJ 7 hood $50.00 obo
19. 1980 cj 7 radiator in great cond. $50.00 obo
20. 3 INCH BODY LIFT $20.00 obo
22. 1980 cj 7 gas pedal $10.00 obo
23. 1980 cj 7 transmission skid plate $60.00 obo
24. 1980 Jeep CJ 7 right fender $40.00 obo .
25. 1980 Jeep CJ 7 left fender $40.00 obo .
26. Nerf bars off of 1980 cj 7 $30.00 obo.
27. Aftermarket custom drive shaft out of a 1980 cj 7, this is a nice shaft and has manf. Date on shaft $100.00 obo
I HAVE A BORG WARNER SR 4 FOUR SPEED TRANSMISSION OUT OF A 80-81 JEEP CJ. THIS TRANSMISSION IS FRESHLY REBUILT AND READY TO INSTALL IN YOUR JEEP. THE PRICE ON THE TRANSMISSION ALONE IS $500.00 OBO THIS TRANSMISSION IS LISTED AS A LIGHT DUTY TRANSMISSION FOR A 80-81 JEEP WITH A 258 6 CYLINDER.
I ALSO HAVE A COMPLETE CONVERSION MINUS THE SHIFTER FOR THIS TRANSMISSION IF YOU WANT TO TAKE OUT YOUR CURRENT SET UP AND REPLACE IT OR UPGRADE FROM AN AUTOMATIC TO A MANUAL TRANS. THE CONVERSION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS LISTING FOR $500.00 BUT CAN BE A PACKAGE DEAL FOR $800.00 OBO FOR EVERYTHING. THE CONVERSION COMES WITH THE FOLLOWING, PEDALS FLYWHEEL THAT DOES NOT NEED RESURFACING, A SLIGHTLY USED CLUTCH SET UP THAT IS SO NEW, THE WRITING IS STILL ON THE CLUTCH SURFACE, A THROW OUT BEARING IN PERFECT CONDITION, STARTER, BELL HOUSING, BLOCK PLATE AND SLAVE CYLINDER. I AM SELLING THIS CONVERSION ONLY FOR $300.00 OBO.
I BOUGHT THIS SET UP TO REPLACE THE FRAGILE PEUGEOT TRANSMISSION IN MY JEEP BUT I ENDED UP DOING A COMPLETE FORD 302 CONVERSION AND DO NOT NEED IT ANYMORE.
I ALSO HAVE BORG WARNER T-5 THAT IS CURRENTLY BEING REBUILT AND WILL BE READY THIS WEEKEND. THE T-5 WILL FIT THIS CONVERSION ALSO. THE T-5 WILL COME WITH A SHIFTER FOR $800.00 OBO OR $1100.00 WITH THIS CONVERSION. Text will be answered ASAP at 8035260270