Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Any nice trails in the Greenville, SC area ?

20K views 44 replies 10 participants last post by  tater_kamik 
#1 ·
Besides The Gulches ? just looking for some trails or county roads that are not maintained... also is there any abandoned military bases that are open in the area ?

#6 ·
I ended up spending a good bit of time on youtube checking out Gulches. Yeah... I need to get locked soon but I want to go right now lol. Too bad it is a Thursday. Looks like I will be working friday and probably saturday but I may try to weasel my way out so that I can go wheeling. How does the poker run there work?

#7 ·
tater kamik... not sure how it runs exactly... my first time also I'm going to get there around 10'ish... maybe see you there... look for a tall, bald dude with a green hat and a khaki Jeep

#8 ·
There's a small group going to Gulches next weekend, 26-27. PM for more info if interested. :2thumbsup:

#10 ·
I decided not to head to Gulches saturday. Being that they are having an event there and Jeeps are a new thing to me, I felt it was smart to wait atleast another day. I may spend some of the day looking under some explorers at LKQ. I figure a LSD and soon a front locker at minimum and I will be ready to go for sure.

Best of luck Shadow! Hope ya have fun. Let us know how they do the poker run and how it was with pics of course!

On a side note, I sold some seats to a guy today who was telling me to check out Gulches. Had tons of positive things to say. I am stoked!

#11 ·
tater... you don't need lockers to do the Gulches... I had a absolute blast... really bunch of nice people run the place and theres some seriously nice rigs there... you really need to check the place out !!

#13 ·
I went to Gulches today and had a blast! definately a ton of fun and some of the nicest people. I met quite a few great people including the owner who showed me the park. I definately have the bug now and will be doing some more work so that I can hit some of the harder level trails. If anyone has not gone there, you are absolutely missing out.

One of the greatest things to me was that they take new people out and show them where they can go and how to do it safely. When my 4wd failed (yeah did a ton of trails in RWD only but got them done) he even let me try out one of the trails with his rig. Then introduced me to a good mechanic from Foothills in Greenville. This is definately a place I will be making regular trips to! Sorry, no pictures. Next time though!

#14 ·
Sorry to hear about the 4WD, but glad to hear such good things about the place.
Some rain there during the week & possibly on Sat., but I don't think it will affect it much.
Come on weekend!!:cheers:
Thanks.

#15 ·
I hope it will be fine this weekend for you! I wish I could come, my 4WD is working great and I cannot wait! But I have a buddy who is now officially off of active duty moving into my house friday-saturday so that may mess up my chances of meeting up with yall. No matter what, the place is amazing and the people that run it are absolutely great. Also, they have very good food, so ask about that.

#16 ·
Well we are down to just 3 of us now and the weather isn't looking too good.
Fri. evening 60% rain and Sat. 68%
Even the Beasley Breast Cancer Ride is going to get rain and they close Beasley when its too wet.

#18 ·
Well I'll take your forecast over mine. :D Thanks.
There will be some others, 15+, at Gulches according to the forum on the site.
So far 2 of us are still going, I haven't heard from the 3rd in our group.
Skip usually has a forecast on the site on Friday for the weekend.

#23 ·
i'm sure me and some friends will get a few days of wheelin in soon. i'll let you know when and where.

by the way, where you from? and welcome to the upstate :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.