YJ Build has started!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > YJ Build has started!!

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 01-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
jmews
1990 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Build has started!!

So I just got back from overseas and planned on doing a 318 swap in my YJ late Feb. Well, once I got home I decided to go ahead and knock it out.

I am swapping motor, trans, transfer case, drive shafts, rear and front ends. I already have the drive train pulled and clearing the tub as we speak to hopefully have it line-x'd this week.

img_0322.jpg   img_0323.jpg   img_0324.jpg   img_0326.jpg   img_0329.jpg  

jmews is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looking good so far, you should have this moved to the builds or YJ section for more views. Are you doing the Line-X yourself or getting it done in a shop? Either way, what's the hit to the wallet?
_AdriaN_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
jmews
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AdriaN_
Looking good so far, you should have this moved to the builds or YJ section for more views. Are you doing the Line-X yourself or getting it done in a shop? Either way, what's the hit to the wallet?
I used to work for a line-x shop in town while off rotation overseas. I will be doing all the prep myself then takin the tub up to get line-x'd. It about a grand for too and bottom of the tub, so worth it if you ask me!
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, if I had the money to do that I would. No worries about corrosion on the underside and easy clean up of the inside would be great.
_AdriaN_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
jmews
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AdriaN_ View Post
Yeah, if I had the money to do that I would. No worries about corrosion on the underside and easy clean up of the inside would be great.
Looks like I have to wait on the line-x. After a good look inside my tranny found out it either needs a complete rebuild or replacement...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.