Wilmington, NC area; where can i get on the beach w/ my Jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Wilmington, NC area; where can i get on the beach w/ my Jeep?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
NCJEEPFAN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wilmington, NC area; where can i get on the beach w/ my Jeep?

hey guys, the wife and i are heading down to Carolina Beach this weekend for a wedding. we'll be coming in on Saturday around lunch. i want to take my Jeep out on the beach, i have never done that before. we're staying at the Savanah Inn in Carolina Beach and the wedding, i think is in Kure. from what i can tell its not far to Kure from Carolina Beach.

can you guys recommend where to go Saturday after lunch for a few hours to hang out on the beach (in or around the Jeep)? if you can please advise any restictions on the beach; beer, open hours, where not to drive.......

thanks guys, maybe we'll run into some of you guys out there!

05 WK Laredo
4.7, 4wd......exhaust and gps coming soon!
NCJEEPFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
Rural-Assault
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well you can ride either on the north end of the island (freeman park) or the south end (fort fisher). i recommend going to the north end (freeman park). it costs $10 a day and you can buy a 1 year pass for $40 i think and they are open 24 hours a day. you pay at the entrance and get your pass and drive straight out on the beach and you can set up/park anywhere on the shore,don't drive in the dunes or don't get too close to the surf the fuzz may make you back up alittle, but you will see about how far the other vehicles are parked from the water. alcohol IS permitted at freeman park but not fort fisher, just make sure you have it in a can no bottles allowed . Have Fun!!

•—My cheap paint job —•
Rural-Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
NCJEEPFAN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

perfect, thanks!

05 WK Laredo
4.7, 4wd......exhaust and gps coming soon!
NCJEEPFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.