Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Who all is from the Raleigh, NC area?

45K views 578 replies 177 participants last post by  JonKylCor 
#1 ·
Who all is from the Raleigh, NC area?

I am new to the area, so I am just wondering how many of you are out there...

Let's drink up sometime! :cheers2:

#273 ·
I'm in Clinton... about halfway between Raleigh and Wilmington. We have a 2008 JKU Rubicon -- which is for sale. Our 2012 is on order!

#279 ·
I'm new too, hoping to meet some new people who can take me and my wife around some easy trails lol to get us familiar! Please let me know if you know of anywhere close to Raleigh!

#280 ·
I'm a soon-to-be transplant to the Raleigh/Durham area, starting a new job in early December. My TJ is built for the rock and mud of the mountain trails in Pennsylvania (and for the summers in Corolla and Ocracoke!). I'm definitely interested in meeting up with wheel with people! I should be settled in by January - keep me in posted for any great trail excursions!

Btw, are the bulk of the great trails to the west and in the mountains? Is there a lot in the eastern part of the state?

#281 ·
There should be some good trails in just about every part of the state, the trick might be finding somewhere that will allow you ride on their land. However I know that there's a few trails on the power line sites in Durham and in Roxboro....which is about 30 min north of Durham.

#282 ·
There is a REALLY good power line trail 1/2 mile from my house. People ride it all the time and I haven't seen any no trespassing signs. I just moved here about 6 months ago and only had the Jeep about a month. I drove half way up one side of the trail and it's great, steep hills, deep ruts, and a few mud pits. I need more recovery gear before I go down to far. The mud pits get pretty intense. I watched one guy practically drown his bronco in one. I wouldn't even think about taking my Jeep in it until it has a LOT more upgrades lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.