Wheelin spots in the Topsail island/wilmington/carolina beach area? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Wheelin spots in the Topsail island/wilmington/carolina beach area?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-20-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
99TJNC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wheelin spots in the Topsail island/wilmington/carolina beach area?

In July, I'll be headed to Topsail island with my family and I've been debating on driving the Jeep. I'm kinda dreading the long drive going only 65ish mph, so I want to make sure it will be worth it once I'm down there. I know I'll love cruising the area topless, but I also want to wheel while I'm there.

I've heard you can ride the beaches and stuff out near Carolina beach, is that true? and what kind of wheeling is it?

Are there any parks/trails that I can venture out to while I'm out there? I want to find somewhere to wheel while I'm there for the week, so any input is appreciated. Thanks!

99TJNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
ncreptile
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Theres freeman park(North End is they call it) on Carolina Beach where you can ride/tent camp on the beach but they tolerate very little so no pulling anyone,donuts or speeding past 15mph.. Going there myself for the first time this weekend. I am also told theres some kind of offroad park in Wilmington but I dont remember the name so maybe some google searching.

Feel free to add me to FL and send me a PM when you are going as I am moving to wilmington this July.
Unread 04-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
CBTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, just thought id let you know about wheelin around here @ CB while you're in town........there is the north end, but also Ft. Fisher state park on the south end. North end is pretty much just a family/relax type place, only about a mile and a half long. If you want some better wheeling, Ft. Fisher is about 4miles of deep, soft sand and the crowds are usually much smaller..costs $20 for a day pass on n.end, $15 @ Ft. Fisher
CBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
HannahWCU
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTJ View Post
Hey, just thought id let you know about wheelin around here @ CB while you're in town........there is the north end, but also Ft. Fisher state park on the south end. North end is pretty much just a family/relax type place, only about a mile and a half long. If you want some better wheeling, Ft. Fisher is about 4miles of deep, soft sand and the crowds are usually much smaller..costs $20 for a day pass on n.end, $15 @ Ft. Fisher
CBTJ is right, I used to go down pretty regularly and it was my favorite place to go. Depending on the time of the year, you can find a spot to be all alone (this was from 2006, BEFORE all the mods to the Jeep):

HannahWCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
99TJNC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ok that sounds good. I"m lookin forward to going now. How far is Fort fischer from wilmington? i haven't been down there since I was 10
99TJNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
CBTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TJNC
Ok that sounds good. I"m lookin forward to going now. How far is Fort fischer from wilmington? i haven't been down there since I was 10
Ft. Fisher is about 18 miles or so south of dwntwn Wilmington, hwy 421 south to Dow rd, turn right and foolow signs, its just before you get to the aquarium
CBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
sjuice
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If anyone knows the name of that offroad park in wilmington id love to know. I live in wilmington and know a few wheelin spots but the north end and fortfisher are the only public legal spots.
sjuice is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.