Were visiting Avon, NC area August 4th for a week..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Were visiting Avon, NC area August 4th for a week.....

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Were visiting Avon, NC area August 4th for a week.....

We got a last minute invitation to go in on a beach front rental house in Avon, NC starting August 4th. I figured I would trailer my LJ up with us so I could enjoy the surrounding area's. What's nearby to explore and play in. Willing to travel some for great trails or dunes. Since we live in Florida 20 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico just sitting on the beach there will get boring real fast. :thumb down: thanks in advance, TJ

dirtycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
JEEPGC04
2005 LJ Wrangler 

hey man good to see your bringing the Booty to NC, i met you this past year at Jeep Beach. Now were you are going is a great area, but not close to anything great for 4 wheeling, now if you com inland about 4.5/5 hours you can hit up Uwharrie National forest in Troy, NC, other than that anything near the coast is what you already have in Florida. You can drive on the beach in the Outer Banks but you have to buy a pass! its deep loose sand not hard packed like you see alot of in Florida.
JEEPGC04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

yo Justin, good to hear from you. maybe I can do a mini jeep beach on the OBX. I'll be looking for trails and dunes. I better bring my sand anchor just in case. Get an avatar pic under your name will you..... do i need to have any fishing gear in the jeep while driving on the beach? back in Delaware you had to have it with you and when parked on the beach you had to be "actively engaged" in surf fishing. Here in SW Florida we can't ride on the beach or in a lot of other places.
Unread 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
JEEPGC04
2005 LJ Wrangler 

No you don't have to have fishing gear, unless you want to fish, you are able to just ride! ill get on the avatar pic...haha
JEEPGC04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
Jshoemaker423

If your drive to corrola you can ride the beach for free and go out and see wild horses. It is kind of a good trip for a family or a couple who like horse and a chance to ride the beach at the same time
Jshoemaker423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

thanks for the info, keep it coming!!!!
Unread 07-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
Courty

Beach driving on Hatteras Island is severely restricted by bird people trying to protect the Plover nests. A pass will cost $120 annually. Miles of beach are closed to off road driving for a few pair of nesting Plovers. Get involved or soon lose your favorite off road spots!
Courty is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.