Went to Uhwarrie for the first time, in a stock JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Went to Uhwarrie for the first time, in a stock JK

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 05-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
ShowroomShine
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Went to Uhwarrie for the first time, in a stock JK

Went in a bone stock JK sport (32" Bridgestones, limited slip in the rear, open front). I have been offroading in life, but never in a specific offroad type park.

Eldorado outpost was really really nice, with about everything you could imagine for a weekend at the park. We seemed to be the only vehicle there, I saw maybe 3 people on the trails all day between 11:00am to 3:00pm. We wanted to stick to easier trails (the JK is my friends and it only had 1500 miles on it). We did Wolfsden, Falls, Rocky Mountain Loop and #79 (forget the name).

Really really fun, albeit really dry and dusty. The stock JK was plenty capable for the trails, only scraping the skids twice. One sort of nerve wracking off camber spot made us a little nervous, but nothing extreme. Seemed as if the rating for the trails is a little "off". Wolfsden seemed easier than Falls, with Rocky Mountain seeming harder than moderate.

Either way, had a blast and broke or scratched nothing. I'll be taking my new (to me) Jeep down in a few weeks with the JK following me. With 2 Jeeps and recovery equipment, I am confident that the JK would do nearly any trail at the place with proper driving (and likely some body damage).

No pictures, sorry my phone died using the navi on the way up.

ShowroomShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nah, I think the trails are overrated, maybe with exception to Daniel. Bravo for wheeling stock.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
ShowroomShine
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I think some are underrated, in my opinion a few were overrated. Like I said, moderate Rocky Mountain was MUCH harder than moderate Falls. We didnt hit any of the difficult and up trails though.
ShowroomShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowroomShine View Post
I think some are underrated, in my opinion a few were overrated. Like I said, moderate Rocky Mountain was MUCH harder than moderate Falls. We didnt hit any of the difficult and up trails though.
Rocky Mountain should be moderate. Falls Dam should be easy IMO
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 01:14 AM   #5
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Glad you had a good time out there. I've wheeled my TJ stock many times at Uwharrie and always had a blast. Actually I think many people find Uwharrie gets less fun as you build your rig. Not sure if you know but the trail pass allows you to camp off the trails too. It makes for a good weekend before it gets too hot..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.