Visiting Maggie Valley, NC - Tellico? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Visiting Maggie Valley, NC - Tellico?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 07-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
JBWood05TJ
Cut to Fit-Paint to Match

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Visiting Maggie Valley, NC - Tellico?

I'm going to be visiting Maggie Valley, NC in August with my family. We're bring the Jeep and thinking about maybe running down to Tellico. Is th park open on the weekdays, or only on weekends?

We'd probably be looking to Wheel on Thursday or Friday August 14 or 15. Would like to meet up with someone that knows the park. PM me if interested.

JBWood05TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

Tellico OHV is never closed for the weekends or weekdays. They have started closing in the winter, but that's all I know of. I would love to go, but my Jeep isn't ready for Tellico, and besides, that's my wife's birthday that same weekend and she would NOT want me going 'wheeling on HER birthday. Have fun up there.

Josh

My Club is http://www.co-jo.webs.com/
wjb4000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
JBWood05TJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! We love that part of the country up there.
Unread 07-17-2008, 07:35 AM   #4
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWood05TJ View Post
I'm going to be visiting Maggie Valley, NC in August with my family. We're bring the Jeep and thinking about maybe running down to Tellico. Is th park open on the weekdays, or only on weekends?

We'd probably be looking to Wheel on Thursday or Friday August 14 or 15. Would like to meet up with someone that knows the park. PM me if interested.
Always open, $10 a day fee. There is usually someone around to ride with. Call Crawford's Campground and Tellico Cabins and see if they have folks staying. I suggest you do NOT go alone. Here is a map:

Slippery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
JBWood05TJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, Slippery. Yeah, if I can't positively set something up before we head out, then for safety's sake I won't go down there.
Unread 07-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #6
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

I did all of 6 and 4 in a stock JK --- just me, the wife, and the dog. There were enough other wheelers around on the CB if I got stuck.

There are some pretty areas to explore on the north side of the Cherohala in an area called Citico; take the bride there to see the waterfalls and streams. Watch out for the wild pigs all over the mountain areas though; bears run away but pigs tend to charge at you....

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.