Uwharrie trip sept 7,8,9 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Uwharrie trip sept 7,8,9

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-15-2012, 02:16 AM   #16
MilesNauticus
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid3170 View Post
Oorah Miles!
Oorah Morbid...glad to see somebody else caught that. Or did you deduct that from my signature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
You should be fine. With 37's, crawling will be a *****.

Google Eldorado Outpost in Troy NC for meeting.
Okay Ill check it out and did you mean itd be pain crawlin with 35's or were you saying bumping up to 37s is a pain when crawlin?
And also, are ya'll plannin on camping out there, I noticed the OP has 3 days listed or is everybody staying in a hotel close by. What time would we meet...say that Saturday morning?
Any specifics as far as gear, like I said this one is pretty much stock, I got a tow rope and thats about it.

[CENTER]The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! -Eleanor Roosevelt,1945[/CENTER]
MilesNauticus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:45 AM   #17
Pullsout
1993 YJ Wrangler 

My little group of three will be staying in a cabin but i know they have a nice camping facility. When we get closer to the date I'll try to figure out a good time for everyone to meet. I personally think though if you're camping easiest place to find each other would be down by the lake where they launch the boats el darado is a little bit out if the way. As for weather you will be fine or not i see no reason why not and besides if you get stuck all three of us have winches. The trails are that horrible for most jeeps. I'm only riding on 33's. My wife and i went out to the difficult trail with no issues.
Pullsout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #18
MilesNauticus
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullsout View Post
My little group of three will be staying in a cabin but i know they have a nice camping facility. When we get closer to the date I'll try to figure out a good time for everyone to meet. I personally think though if you're camping easiest place to find each other would be down by the lake where they launch the boats el darado is a little bit out if the way. As for weather you will be fine or not i see no reason why not and besides if you get stuck all three of us have winches. The trails are that horrible for most jeeps. I'm only riding on 33's. My wife and i went out to the difficult trail with no issues.

Yeah if my wife is down for going we may be interested in camping out by the lake that Friday night and hooking up with you guys Saturday morning possibly, or just heading down Sat. morning and meeting up with whoever wants to meet at El Dorado and then headed into the trail.
[CENTER]The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! -Eleanor Roosevelt,1945[/CENTER]
Unread 08-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesNauticus View Post
Oorah Morbid...glad to see somebody else caught that. Or did you deduct that from my signature?

Okay Ill check it out and did you mean itd be pain crawlin with 35's or were you saying bumping up to 37s is a pain when crawlin?
And also, are ya'll plannin on camping out there, I noticed the OP has 3 days listed or is everybody staying in a hotel close by. What time would we meet...say that Saturday morning?
Any specifics as far as gear, like I said this one is pretty much stock, I got a tow rope and thats about it.
35's. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #20
TJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in for Saturday 9/8 for sure. As we get closer would love to set up a specific time and place to meet. I don't have a winch but have recovery straps, recovery hooks, etc. I have a 4" lift and 33's and rocksliders but the rest of my rig is stock so I'm hoping to be able to handle most if not all of the trails....having said that, I haven't been out on any trails in YEARS so it will be nice to have some fellow jeeps and spotters.....psyched to meet up with y'all and get this TJ dirty!!!
TJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
TJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Miles, I see you're in Reidsville....I'm in Greensboro....if you decide not to camp out Friday night and are driving down Saturday morning and want to drive down together, let me know....
TJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #22
Morbid3170
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesNauticus View Post
Both XD I just got out in 2010, 1/8 Camp Lejeune.
Morbid3170 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #23
Morbid3170
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs99TJ View Post
I'm in for Saturday 9/8 for sure. As we get closer would love to set up a specific time and place to meet. I don't have a winch but have recovery straps, recovery hooks, etc. I have a 4" lift and 33's and rocksliders but the rest of my rig is stock so I'm hoping to be able to handle most if not all of the trails....having said that, I haven't been out on any trails in YEARS so it will be nice to have some fellow jeeps and spotters.....psyched to meet up with y'all and get this TJ dirty!!!
I haven't been out for a few years myself, the CJ has been garaged and broke down but she's back to life now! You'll do fine with your setup for sure!
Morbid3170 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #24
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I might join that Saturday. Weather should be nice by then. What day you planning on going Seth?
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #25
MilesNauticus
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs99TJ View Post
Hey Miles, I see you're in Reidsville....I'm in Greensboro....if you decide not to camp out Friday night and are driving down Saturday morning and want to drive down together, let me know....
Sounds good man. When we get closer to the day we can hash out some specifics. I may or may not be going down. But Ill keep up with ya till then. My grandfather has been asking me for a while now to go up to DC with him to see the Korean War memorial, hes a KW vet and I want to take him up in Sept while the weather is nice. So I gotta figure out what weekend we're going to go, plus I gotta get the ol' lady on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid3170 View Post
Both XD I just got out in 2010, 1/8 Camp Lejeune.
I got out in 2010 myself, EAS'd from Miramar. Being in the airwing we dont have cool unit numbers so everybody knows who were are. MACS1 Det B is who I was with. But still a Marine none the less. Thanks for your service though killa.
Unread 08-18-2012, 02:26 AM   #26
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
I might join that Saturday. Weather should be nice by then. What day you planning on going Seth?
Saturday if I get home and go. Haven't really planned anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #27
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

Another Usmc vet in for the trip I'm free all weekend and live really close.

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #28
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I suppose I will show up that Saturday. Just let me know a meeting time.
Unread 08-23-2012, 03:08 AM   #29
Pullsout
1993 YJ Wrangler 

What say we meet at the boat launch at ten saturday morning. If you're gonna be around friday night let me know might be able to have a little get together at our cabin.
Pullsout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #30
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullsout
What say we meet at the boat launch at ten saturday morning. If you're gonna be around friday night let me know might be able to have a little get together at our cabin.
Where is that? I usually meet at the Eldorado outpost.

I won't be there Friday night.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.