uwharrie trip/Lost bike - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > uwharrie trip/Lost bike

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 10-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #1
crzstigu

uwharrie trip/Lost bike

Donít know if this is the right area to post this in or not, sorry in advanced if it isnít and thanks if it is moved to the correct place. I and a group of friends went to Uwharrie this weekend (Oct 19-21) to mountain bike (we were the 4 guys on bikes riding if anyone saw us), camp, and (even though it wasnít really planned) some minor wheeling. While biking on Dutch john we found a nice little area to camp for the night and decided to take our jeeps to it that night (Saturday). Everything was going fine on our minor wheeling trip until we arrived at the site and it was already taken. We decided that we would ride up a few more minutes to see if there was anywhere else to camp. Instead of staying on the easy part of the trail, my friend in his stock tj who was leading (dumb move since this was his first real off roading and he had never been to Uwharrie before) turned off to the big hill on Dutch john. With out even leaving his jeep to look at what was ahead, he just yelled out to me (stock zj) that it was all down hill from here and it shouldnít be too bad. to make a long story short, we made down the hill fine, decided that Dutch john being a difficult trail and us being tired and hungry that we would turn around, I made it up first with more or less no trouble (should of lead in the first place since I ride Uwharrie all the time on dirt bike/ once in my tj, just didnít realize that the big hill was ahead of us at the time of decent), he made it half way, staled( heís new to stick), I had to wheel his up ( not complaining), and had fun the rest of the way back. When we got back to Dutch john trail head he noticed that his bike fell off the rack somewhere on the trail. Looked for it last night a little, decided that the morning would be better, looked this morning and still nothing. I was just curious if anyone that was out there Saturday night around 10ish or this morning and came across a red and black Gary fisher Wahoo. If you could PM me if you know anything about it. Sorry for the long post (still new to the forum and have to work on my post sizes). All in all great trip to the forest and I should have what pictures I have of wheeling up soon. Thanks again.
-Sean

crzstigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2007, 06:55 PM   #2
crzstigu

Also sorry to anyone that I blocked/ made it hard to get by on the trail with my jeep/bike rack set up that was trying to passing me. Didnt realize I was sticking out as much as i was at times since I normally dont have an extra few feet for a bike rack behind me.
Unread 10-24-2007, 05:53 AM   #3
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

good luck finding your bike..... it looked like you guys were having a blast when i saw you riding.....
'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

March 1st, 8pm. WILMINGTON, NC MEET & GREET @ HOOTERS!
Big-n-Broke-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 08:59 PM   #4
crzstigu

thanks man. you have a pretty nice rig going. saw you around a few times on daniel and when we where leaving for home. Your jeep make it back to wilmington or did you have to tow it?
Unread 10-25-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

thanks

i drove it home... 60 mph... 12 mpg... life is good!

actually driving it back this weekend to do some more wheeling to see if i fixed all my problems and see how this new hydro assist setup is going to work

'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

Unread 10-26-2007, 09:23 AM   #6
crzstigu

Sounds like your going to have anouther fun weekend. I would be up that way again but have to work. If you like bbq you should check out lexington since this is there bbq fest weekend. Its about 30-40 minutes away from the forest on hihgway 8.
Unread 10-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #7
bigred_topher
1995 ZJ 

Zj

yeah eric was crawling home not driving it.... get the terms right!!!!!!!
bigred_topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 02:26 PM   #8
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzstigu
Sounds like your going to have anouther fun weekend. I would be up that way again but have to work. If you like bbq you should check out lexington since this is there bbq fest weekend. Its about 30-40 minutes away from the forest on hihgway 8.
we had a blast! i woul dhave loved to come to the BBQ festival but after driving 4 hours in the rain with no wipers, top, or doors to get to uwharrie i was way too worn out and ticked off to do anything but wheel and drive home....

The BBQ festival rocks though... i used to LOVE going every year when i lived in high point....

Unread 10-30-2007, 02:27 PM   #9
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred_topher
yeah eric was crawling home not driving it.... get the terms right!!!!!!!
crawling home, sheesh! after replacing those pesky cracked fuel injectors she drove home @ 60-65MPH just fine

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.