Uwharrie trails and trash! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-22-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
USMCTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Uwharrie trails and trash!

I go to Uwharrie quite often and during my last trip I noticed more trash and beer cans then ever. Uwharrie is a beautiful place and quite frankly they are very lenient on their alcohol policy. If it continues to go on this trend I am afraid they may not be lenient any longer. Let's police our own,we have a much better community then this. Thanks everyone and Semper Fi!

Last edited by USMCTJ; 08-22-2017 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-22-2017, 02:42 PM
cranbiz
2012 JK Wrangler 

I really believe you are preaching to the choir here. I know that our club members practice Tread Lightly and are constantly going to work days. We pickup trash along the trails as we go.

The biggest offenders I see are the ATV crowd. Alcohol on the trails, blazing new trails and just don't care in general. I know that Group Camp is now posted no alcohol due to non Jeepers destroying things and leaving trash all over the place. Man put your trash in the dumpster provided!

Now before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I will admit that there are many good ATV'ers and there are bad ORV'ers. My experience is that the ATV crowd has less manners.

Hopefully, now that LEO Foote has his new side by side, he can get out and enforce the rules more and stop some of this nonsense.

06 KJ
12 JK,2.5" Teraflex lift,Bilstein 5100's,BFG KO2's P305/65R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #3 of 5 Old 08-22-2017, 03:14 PM
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Have to agree with the atv issues. I see this a LOT<. The other group that is even more an issue with trash is shooters. They bring out trash to shoot then leave it. 99% of our clean ups are these groups of people. Its a never ending story.

Our trails here are all public lands. Our clubs here all have worked very hard to keep our trails open. Red tape to the moon, to adopt a trails. dealing with BLM, state trust and USF is never easy and these issues are pointed at all users. the bad news is like school ground rules today they punish all for the deeds of the stupid.

to tell you truth i think in the end we will loose. Jeep clubs can only do so much and are a minority of the whole. When i look at club memberships its mostly older people. There is not enough young people interested in clubs with dues, meetings and yes WORK... sad really. I can see clubs breaking up as the older guys die off, no one wants to step up. The clubs i belong to are all NON profits. So all they money earned with Jamboree events poker runs. the money goes to charities and to lobbyist to save are open spaces. Right now we have 12 new trails that we have been working hard with BLM to adopt. From doing GPS runs with them as shot guns riders. then the years of red tape. see like more work than work was......

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 08-23-2017, 12:01 PM
cranbiz
2012 JK Wrangler 

Our club, fortunately, is growing.

All of the 4x4 clubs that frequent Uwharrie are active with the Forest Service in helping to get things done and in fact, with the generosity of an anonymous ORV patron, the Forest Service has been able to secure new land for a planned new trail. Going to take some time as Doc mentioned about that red tape but at least at Uwharrie, we are gaining and not losing.

06 KJ
12 JK,2.5" Teraflex lift,Bilstein 5100's,BFG KO2's P305/65R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #5 of 5 Old 08-23-2017, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
USMCTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Great news! Thanks everyone. I thought they were opening a new trail along the lake but haven't seen any other news on it. Glad to hear one is in the approval process.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.