Uwharrie Trails - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Uwharrie Trails

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #61
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

I will be at the outpost around 9:30 in the morning- black Sahara on 33s parked by the air hoses.

Unread 12-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #62
ARdirty
2001 WJ 

No uwharrie for me tommorow broke cv axle and caliper see you fellas next season!
ARdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 12:56 AM   #63
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARdirty View Post
No uwharrie for me tommorow broke cv axle and caliper see you fellas next season!
what happened??
Unread 12-18-2011, 06:01 AM   #64
DYNOGUY
2012 JK Wrangler 

On way over now, be there around 8:30
DYNOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #65
ARdirty
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by igrok View Post
what happened??
up until 4 weeks ago i had a defective Tcase which had rendered the front end of my jeep useless for 2 years. I replaced it, but then found i needed to replace both axles and while i had them off i stripped my caliper as well I fixed them... but one weekend late... i did manage to go to this place thats being logged and get a little riding in.

You guys have any pictures or videos from this weekend?
c360_2011-12-19-14-13-11.jpg  
ARdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #66
DYNOGUY
2012 JK Wrangler 

I took some with my Flip, mounted on the dash, I haven't looked at it to see how it came out yet. It was my first time the pretty much did all the trails, but went up the back side of Daniel and got talked out of going down the "ledges". Well now I need better tires and suspension (my stock just is to soft and shocks just don't have any bottoming resistance) and maybe some more armor.
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #67
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

I truly didn't want to be known as "That Guy" that led a stock JK down Daniel. I'm not a smart guy, but no sense in proving it.

it was a good day though!
Unread 12-20-2011, 07:25 AM   #68
DYNOGUY
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yea but what a story you could of have to tell. Lol I hope those guy's got their truck out.
Unread 12-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #69
threeb
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by igrok
I truly didn't want to be known as "That Guy" that led a stock JK down Daniel. I'm not a smart guy, but no sense in proving it.

it was a good day though!
We have a stock jk with us also.
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #70
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TJNC
this guy
Who else is down for uwharrie in april?
TaylorJeffreyJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #71
ctm9191
1989 MJ Comanche 

I have a few people going april 6-8th you can find us on facebook www.facebook.com/omf4wheeling we will be posting details and info about our trip all next month.
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #72
peytonimor7
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARdirty View Post
up until 4 weeks ago i had a defective Tcase which had rendered the front end of my jeep useless for 2 years. I replaced it, but then found i needed to replace both axles and while i had them off i stripped my caliper as well I fixed them... but one weekend late... i did manage to go to this place thats being logged and get a little riding in.

You guys have any pictures or videos from this weekend?
Is that just a random logging trail off the road you went on? The reason I ask is there are hundreds of those around here that I would love to go riding on but some are roped off, and others are right next to houses and I'm a bit wary to ride on them lol don't want any cops called on me...
Unread 02-29-2012, 05:11 AM   #73
DMRCJ8

Don't wheel on other people's property without permission. Period. Doesn't matter if it is an obvious logging road, etc. My father owns several tracts of timber in Anson county, NC and if he or I ever caught anybody out there with no permission a nasty confrontation would ensue. You might think, "What the hell, it's just a logging road in the middle of nowhere. What harm could I cause?" Trust me...do the right thing...stay on public trails or ask permission before you wheel. We constantly have people cutting locks off gates, pushing down gates and cables, rutting up roads and knocking down smaller trees to make it to the logging roads to wheel. It is annoying and very expensive to the property owner. If the property owner has had the same type of experiences as us and he catches you out having fun on his land, he's going to assume you are the one doing damage whether you are or not. Try proving that to him when you're caught red handed somewhere you aren't supposed to be. If you're lucky, he'll call the cops and you'll get charged with breaking and entering/tresspassing and damage to property. If you're not, you just might end up on the wrong end of a gun. Fact is, most of these areas are so rural that the property owner knows it will take the sheriff a long time to get there. He's going to take care of business with you first and call the cops later.

Last edited by DMRCJ8; 02-29-2012 at 05:25 AM..
DMRCJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #74
TaylorJeffreyJR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRCJ8
Don't wheel on other people's property without permission. Period. Doesn't matter if it is an obvious logging road, etc. My father owns several tracts of timber in Anson county, NC and if he or I ever caught anybody out there with no permission a nasty confrontation would ensue. You might think, "What the hell, it's just a logging road in the middle of nowhere. What harm could I cause?" Trust me...do the right thing...stay on public trails or ask permission before you wheel. We constantly have people cutting locks off gates, pushing down gates and cables, rutting up roads and knocking down smaller trees to make it to the logging roads to wheel. It is annoying and very expensive to the property owner. If the property owner has had the same type of experiences as us and he catches you out having fun on his land, he's going to assume you are the one doing damage whether you are or not. Try proving that to him when you're caught red handed somewhere you aren't supposed to be. If you're lucky, he'll call the cops and you'll get charged with breaking and entering/tresspassing and damage to property. If you're not, you just might end up on the wrong end of a gun. Fact is, most of these areas are so rural that the property owner knows it will take the sheriff a long time to get there. He's going to take care of business with you first and call the cops later.
I'm gonna start a business. Logging rd security!

This is a perfect example why me and my friends go to uwharrie.

Then again we have access rights to 200 plus acres of property behind my friends dads house. Gotta love knowing people.
TaylorJeffreyJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:15 AM   #75
DMRCJ8

Another thing to consider is that most of the areas that are being logged are also under hunting leases. Property owners charge rent to hunt clubs for hunting rights. This helps pay the property taxes. These hunters are quite territorial and they don't appreciate outsiders coming in and playing around on their hunting land. Hunters are out on the land way more than just during hunting season. They fish the ponds in summer, plant clover, fill up feeders, put out salt blocks, etc. Sometimes deer stands and feeders get stolen and hunters are looking for a culprit. Don't make the mistake of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Bottom line is that these old logging roads are not as they appear to the average person. They get more traffic than you might think and there are plenty of eyes keeping tabs on the comings and goings.

Most logging roads are just rutted up mud trails built flat and wide enough for a semi loaded with logs to get in and out. What's the fun in that? Uwharrie, on the other hand, has rocks, chutes, climbs, streams, etc. Like I said, I have full access to plenty of logging roads but URE is where I wheel. Admission is cheap and it's a ton more fun.

Last edited by DMRCJ8; 03-01-2012 at 05:39 AM..
DMRCJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.