Uwharrie Trails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Uwharrie Trails

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-06-2011, 02:38 AM   #1
99TJNC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Uwharrie Trails

I'm new to off roading and Jeeps in general, and I plan on heading to Uwharrie when it opens in April. What little off roading I've done was in a 96 Chevy z-71, and it wasn't much of anything. My jeep is a 99 TJ 4 cyl with 31 inch tires. Everything else is stock. I'm hopefully gonna have a lift by april, but who knows. So which trails should I attempt when I go? What are some of the easier ones, and what can my jeep handle?

Thanks!

Matt

99TJNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 02:49 AM   #2
93zjFBI
1993 ZJ 

stay off daneil and parts of rocky mtn other then that you'll be fine unless they open the ol trails up like they been talkin about
93zjFBI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 03:18 AM   #3
99TJNC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

yeah, I watched videos of Daniel and decided i wouldnt attempt that.
Unread 01-06-2011, 03:42 AM   #4
93zjFBI
1993 ZJ 

they went over daniel last year with the loader but i would stay off it unless you like not rockers on your rig and the part of rocky mtn you want to stay away from is koyak rock it gets real rough there and theres always line of rigs waitin
93zjFBI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #5
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am in the same situation (Stock on 31's) and have comfortably been on all the trails except for half of Daniel. Definitely go out with some other people. What can your jeep handle? Most likely more than you are willing to let it. I haven't had any issues out there,yet, and am continually impressed by what it can do. As far as your first time out, an easy rule is to stay off the trails that start with 'D'. If you ever need some people to ride with, feel free to post on: http://www.durtyrok.com/ , or look for another club to meet up with. I have heard great things about http://www.nc4x4.com/
Unread 01-07-2011, 03:01 AM   #6
99TJNC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You had no problems whatsoever? I've never been, but looking at the videos on youtube it seems like the trails are hard. I can't wait to go though. I haven't done anything other than highway driving so far, so i'm ready to off road a little
Unread 01-07-2011, 04:42 AM   #7
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

I took my TJ out there when it was bone stock with 30" tires. I hit every trail BUT Daniel and I did fine. The Poster up above is right, your Jeep can handle way more than you can. These things are AWESOME!

Post up when you want to go, You'll get plenty of ppl wanting to go too, including me.
Unread 01-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #8
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

'99TJNC, no problems yet. I always say yet, because yes you run the risk each time you go out. I guess I should clarify a little more.. Yes, I have scrapped my transfercase skid on some rocks and put a small ding on my gas tank skid. These all sounded bad at the time, but that is why the skids are there. I would suggest an oil pan skid as they don't come stock with one. That being said, I don't have one yet.

I am thinking about getting some people together when Uwharrie opens up to have a trail ride for stockers and newbies. Of course more experienced people will be welcomed, but this will be a slower paced ride where people can stop to look at the small obstacles and get spotting if wanted where more experienced riders just cruise over. If anyone is interested let me know.

igrok, I took my stocker out there on bald 30" GSAs and had fun with it too. I was amazed what a set of 31" mud terrains did.
Unread 01-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
JED1003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I took my YJ there for the first time last year and had a blast. I went alone with only a passenger so I took it real easy and stayed on the easy trails. We had a blast and can't wait to go back. Take your time and you'll be fine. Like the others have said, I would stay away from Daniel.
JED1003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #10
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Count me in for April
Unread 01-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #11
99TJNC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

ok thanks, that makes me feel better haha. Yeah, I'll def let everyone know when I plan on going, itd be nice to go with some people from on here. and the idea of a newbie/stocker ride sounds good. itd give the chance for us to see what our jeeps can do
Unread 01-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #12
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

you will be fine on daniel with some careful driving and good spotting i have done it with a 100% stock tj following me in my ZJ on 31s I would be down for a run since most weekends i live a few minutes from the trails anyway lol I do wheel there a good bit and could bring some friends as well

you should join NC4x4.com its a great site I personally am apart of a group called 4x4Everyone fell free to join our group on there and post up there are always a few of us that will go out on a given weekend
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthre...t=92421&page=8

a few of me on daniel

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #13
ChEaPsK87
1987 XJ Cherokee 

i took my stock ford ranger 2wd with 31" tsl ss tires through some of the trails with no problems. i did have some trouble with clearance over a few of the dirt hills going in but other than that just push the skinny petal hard enough and you can make it through and over alot
ChEaPsK87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #14
sn0wman4unc
1998 XJ Cherokee 

would i be okay on most with my rig, i have been wanting to go but didnt know how serious it was. 2 inch lift with bfg 235's.
White Jeep Club #139
sn0wman4unc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #15
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

^ Absolutely. As posted above some of us (and many others) have had a great time out there stock on 30" tires. The Jeep club I am in is interested in hosting a run at Uwharrie for people new to offroading or apprehensive with stock rigs. I'll post more here later when I have better info. If anyone is interested you are welcome to join the forum at www.durtyrok.com . The club is open to jeep owners in NC & SC

Mine is the stock lime green TJ w/31's

Most of the trails look like this:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.