Uwharrie ok for a DD w/ a BB? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Uwharrie ok for a DD w/ a BB?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
NCJEEPFAN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Uwharrie ok for a DD w/ a BB?

Hey fellas, i just got my BB installed and my TJ for next couple of years will be DD. i want to wheel some. now i have been to Uwharrie back in 1995 w/ my Nissan 4wd truck. at that time it did great, we had no issues, and had a ball.

my question is, with the years gone by, can i still take my TJ DD down there, avoid the rocks, go easy on the skinny pedal, not tear anything up and drive it home?

right now from the threads i have read, i think the answer is yes, but i want to be sure. when the weather breaks, i want to load the wife and kids up, pack a lunch adn go for a ride to URE.

i would love to hear from people that have been down there lately w/ a stock or mildly lifted TJ.

thanks guys!

05 WK Laredo
4.7, 4wd......exhaust and gps coming soon!
NCJEEPFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 03:53 AM   #2
DonohueNC
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Last time we went we had a guy with us with a 2.5" lift and 31s make it down every trail with us. He took the bypass on Rockt Mtn. but he even made it up Daniel (with some abuse to his skid plates).

If you're going alone (without other jeeps) I would say don't worry too much, but keep to the safe trails.
Unread 03-05-2008, 04:50 AM   #3
orangetj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

you should have no problem on 98% of the trails. just avoid Kodak rock and you will be fine.
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #4
NCJEEPFAN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the replies. can either of you give me a list of trails to avoid and ones that should be ok? i have found a fairly decent trail map.

http://home.windstream.net/ezduzit/uwharrie.gif

05 WK Laredo
4.7, 4wd......exhaust and gps coming soon!
NCJEEPFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
DonohueNC
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Daniel is the only trail marked "Extremely Difficult" on the state maps, it has a loose hill climb on it. Other than that, Kodak is the only other spot to look out for, but that has a bypass that runs right beside it.
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #6
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Every trail is doable in a stock Jeep when dry and probably when wet too.
jeeptillidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #7
hscrugby
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just go with some friends.
1, you never know.
2, it's always more fun.
I'd avoid Daniel, unless someone with you has a winch. Posssible to get yourself in some bad places if you aren't careful.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #8
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

if its dry you can do anything there, if you want to beat it you could prollly do kodak, i saw a tj w/ stock tires and a bb just romp on it and bounce up one of the easier ines on kodak that was still pretty tough, and daniel if you pick a good line on the first few parts its simple and easily walked up, when its dry that is, did just about everything in my xj on 31" bfg at's but havent been there in rain yet
Unread 03-08-2008, 12:07 PM   #9
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Tj

We did Uwharrie this past Thanksgiving, the trails are great. Anything there is doable for you as long as it's dry. For Daniel: SKINNY PEDAL!!! ..... by that I mean don't stop and pick a good line of course too. Kodiak has a bypass up the left side. We ran my fiancee's DD, an '02 TJ X with a 2" BB, 1" BL, BFG AT 31 10.50X15's, JKS Quicker Discos, engine/tranny, steering box skidplates, diff guards and came away with no damage.

If you don't want to go alone, which is never a good idea anyhow, go to the Eldorado Outpost in the morning, (many groups start out there) and see if anyone will let you tag along, most folks don't have a problem with this.

Be well,
Richard

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....
RichardD is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.