Uwharrie Offroad Trip May 4-6 - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Uwharrie Offroad Trip May 4-6

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #76
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

The IMPORTANT question here is, "How long would it take to slide off your dash as you're going up the 1st and 2nd obstacle on Daniel?"

Unread 04-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #77
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy2169 View Post
I want to go but the wife is a month and a half pregnant and I'm not sure she's going to want me to leave her for a weekend, or if she'd want to tag along. I need to be tactful about this with all these hormones being thrown around the house. So put me down for a maybe.
Bah! She's still has 7 1/2 months to make ya miserable...whats missing out one a couple days! lol

So I Google'd Eldorado Outpost again to make sure I was getting my departure time dialed in to be there a lil'bit before 10 AM Sat...

THE EARTH HAS SHIFTED!!! it now tells me i'm less than 3 hours away! lol I swear when I first looked at how long it would take me to get there it was like 3 3/4 hours!

Yay me! now I can wait to leave until 0630! lol

If in doubt...HIT THE GAS!! It may not always be the right decision, but it will end the suspense!

The build so far....[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-predator-1342553/[/url]
PredatorNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #78
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Just a suggestion (depending on how many folks show up) Below is a terrain map showing a few good camping spots. With those spots being on Daniel, they aren't taken so quickly.

For those that don't want to tackle Daniel from the Cotton Place side, they can easily come up from the other side, where it ties into Rocky Mount.
ure.jpg  
Unread 04-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #79
katuah
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just saw this. If newbs are allowed for day trips only then I'll try to make it down too. Sunday most likely, my kid has classes on Saturday mornings.
katuah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #80
PeriwinkleZJ
1993 ZJ 

If I happen to be off Saturday or Sunday, I'll certainly tag along for a day. Put me down as a maybe, I'd really enjoy to wheel these 33s and locked front finally.
-1993 Grand Cherokee Laredo V8 5.2, Mopar CAI, Borla headers, Borla Y-pipe, Turn down exhaust, 4" RC SA, 33x12.50r15 BfGoodrich Km2, Crown extended brake lines, IRO Double Shear Track bar, IRO HD tie rod, Home made Quick discos, E-fan, Heavy duty harness/9007 bulb conversion, HP30 WJ knuckles lockrite solid cover.

BUILD THREAD:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-jeep-1133312/
PeriwinkleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #81
06ABNRUBICON
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just recruited one more to join on Saturday. He doesnt know to much so I thought this would be a good learning experience
06ABNRUBICON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #82
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

X2

One of the guys I work with is going to go...he has a JK with very mild mods...but he does have a winch! lol

If in doubt...HIT THE GAS!! It may not always be the right decision, but it will end the suspense!

The build so far....[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-predator-1342553/[/url]
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #83
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Any of you guys going down this weekend? My prom is May 5th but I will be at Uwharrie all weekend this weekend with 2 jeeps and 4 atv's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #84
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Not me; I'll be at App state on Sat and work Sunday...
Unread 04-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #85
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Any of you guys going down this weekend?
Oak Ridge is having Wheeling for Hope this weekend. 200 rigs!
http://www.meetup.com/RVA-Rock-Crawl...ents/59207732/

map should read *Arrington*

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #86
ImportInvasion
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys just wondering, are there mild trails in uwharrie that a novice can go alone? Ive ridden with groups before in pa, but thanks to my new schedule at work i get really silly hours, and its not easy to get a group together, but i do want to check out uwharrie. If it looks even halfway difficult, id probably just turn back or use a go around. What do u guys think? Anybody ever ride solo?
ImportInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #87
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

I hope to find out n a couple weeks....but from what I hear, its as mild or wild as you want...from stock to extreme

Unread 04-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #88
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

And since i'm surfing and thinking about the trip.....

As I tend to over prepare and prepare early...What can I bring for the group? Food stuff? drinks? the good ol' standby of cash so it can be pooled and supplies bought?

My witty sense of humor and emergency medical attention is of course always free!

Unread 04-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #89
Sarahdactyl
★=THE MOAR YOU KNOOOW=

1991 XJ Cherokee 

Bring whatever you wish guys, extras are of course appreciated but not required . Bring money/card with you. They have killer food and nice supplies at the outpost. We have a pop up canopy and a grill that anyone is welcome to at the camp site. And thanks for the map! We know a huge spot as well that we fit about 10 people and 6 tents (could possibly fit more). We might have to spread out but we can always meet up with one another later at the Outpost. I am sure we will have different groups doing different level trails based on experience.

We aren't really doing any set groups or whatever, we can figure out who wants to go where at the meet ups or we can meet you on the trails. Just make sure you got someone there wheeling with you in case of trouble.

There is a 50/50 chance I might not be there now. I recently had surgery to remove a cyst. If I do go I will only most likely be on the softer trails unless someone has pillow suspension lol.

As for a novice going alone, even on easy trails? I would not recommend it, even to someone who is advanced. At least have a buddy out there with you or do it during a day when there are many other people out on the trails (on the weekends). Cell phone reception is really bad and sometimes its easy to get turned around.

I thought we could do a huge meet up with everyone at the outpost saturday or sunday night to get dinner/ hang out for a little while too since most likely our camping areas will be split up if we have so many people and others might want to wheel different trails.

Don't want to wait for a reply or just want to chat with other Jeepers?
Join JF IRC Chatroom. Click here to go directly to the webclient and
type in #jeepforum for the channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Deepskyy- View Post
Sarah has the punctuality of an American airlines flight in a Chicago snowstorm
Sarahdactyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #90
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

Bah...just a cyst! you'll be ship shape in no time

I look forward to meeting everyone and my brother got a Go Pro last week so that will be cool. I definitely want to hit some harder trails, its even more fun when you get stuck! lol Having only had this Jeep for a couple months I really wanna see how it will do on some harder stuff...if my nerves dont give out first! Looking out to that weekend the weather says a little ran on friday, but sat/sun are sunny! woohoo!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.