UWHARRIE - Oct 26-27 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > UWHARRIE - Oct 26-27

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 10-26-2007, 08:36 AM   #1
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

UWHARRIE - Oct 26-27

going back this afternoon... wheeling tonight and tomorrow....

just thought i'd give a heads up

'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

March 1st, 8pm. WILMINGTON, NC MEET & GREET @ HOOTERS!
Big-n-Broke-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

We just missed each other on both trips. It rained on us a lot of the time. The trails are very very slick and muddy and Falls Dam is closed for construction as of yesterday.
jeeptillidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
orangetj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

ill be there on sunday
Unread 10-28-2007, 11:25 AM   #4
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptillidie
We just missed each other on both trips. It rained on us a lot of the time. The trails are very very slick and muddy and Falls Dam is closed for construction as of yesterday.
well after driving through a damn monsoon with no top, doors, or windshield wipers, i finally got there at 3am.... wheeled until 6 PM with the exception of two food breaks and a pit stop to replace a broken hub, and then drove back to wilmington. i'm exhausted!

dutch john was awesome wet! i've never had so much fun on that trail. the hill climb was especially exciting.... as was daniel..

we forgot that falls damn was closed and got to the end of the road to enter the trail where we hit a dead end with a massive muddy mess.... it was quite entertaining making a u-turn there, hehe

-Erik <--- taking a break from uwharrie for a few weeeks!
'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

Unread 10-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah Dutch John was total slop. I was the only one out of our group that made it the complete way up the hill. It definitely made the trip more challenging and more fun though.
Unread 10-28-2007, 06:03 PM   #6
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

both os us with swampers made it... i actually crawled up almost all of it with the boggers until the turn and then gave it hell for a little bit and crawled the rest of the way..... my buddy had to spin his ssr's a good bit of the way to make it.... and then my other friend spun spun spun with his MTR's but never did get past the curve.

-Erik <--- will always run boggers b/c of times like that!

Unread 10-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #7
ncjeepinyj

Whats the deal with Falls Dam being closed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-n-Broke-YJ
well after driving through a damn monsoon with no top, doors, or windshield wipers, i finally got there at 3am.... wheeled until 6 PM with the exception of two food breaks and a pit stop to replace a broken hub, and then drove back to wilmington. i'm exhausted!

dutch john was awesome wet! i've never had so much fun on that trail. the hill climb was especially exciting.... as was daniel..

we forgot that falls damn was closed and got to the end of the road to enter the trail where we hit a dead end with a massive muddy mess.... it was quite entertaining making a u-turn there, hehe

-Erik <--- taking a break from uwharrie for a few weeeks!
Unread 10-29-2007, 07:34 AM   #8
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

i thought it was closed b/c of fires but i'm not too sure... saturday i heard someone say it was closed fore repairs and maintenance and someone mentioned the art liley memorial.... not too sure but i know i saw forrest service trucks near one of it's entrances this past weekend and the weekend before....

Unread 10-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #9
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Im pretty sure its due to some sort of maintenance. Thats what the sign said at the trailhead.
Unread 10-29-2007, 07:22 PM   #10
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptillidie
Yeah Dutch John was total slop. I was the only one out of our group that made it the complete way up the hill. It definitely made the trip more challenging and more fun though.
And your the reason I dumped the money into tires after we got back! Now I cant wait to go again!
Unread 10-30-2007, 07:35 AM   #11
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep-jeep0190
And your the reason I dumped the money into tires after we got back! Now I cant wait to go again!

I cant wait either. Your investment is well worth the money.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.