Uwharrie for Newbies (& everyone else) Apr 9-10th - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Uwharrie for Newbies (& everyone else) Apr 9-10th

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 03-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #31
aewalters
1987 XJ Cherokee 

I was thinking about heading up there I was wondering if theres anything I should pick up for $50 to$100 that would help me out, already have extinguisher, straps and chains, first aid kit, spare d35 shafts and carrier, basic craftsman set and have a cb in the mail.

There's something about speeding through the woods, getting bogged down in mud holes and lurching over fallen logs that's good for the soul. Time flies when all we can think about are the four tires underneath us and how we are going manage to get through the next obstacle on the trail. We take each challenge as it comes. We get stuck, we get out. We break something, we fix it. We come out dirty, bruised, and exhausted... but we're smiling.[/QUOTE]
aewalters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 12:47 AM   #32
Graves
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Count me in. Just got my windshield replaced so I'm good to go! Only thing I've done is the Croatan National Forrest and the OBX so this'll be a good experience to take in. My GF and I will be attending and staying at the Arrowhead Campgrounds.
Graves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #33
ohvkj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Graves I will be arriving around 11-1130am on that friday at the out post. if you want to meet up there or you can swing by the campsite shortly after. you saw the map correct?
Unread 03-28-2011, 02:08 AM   #34
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewalters View Post
I was thinking about heading up there I was wondering if theres anything I should pick up for $50 to$100...
You should be good to go! Trail passes are $5/day ($30/season) and can be bought at the outpost where we meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves View Post
Count me in. Just got my windshield replaced so I'm good to go! Only thing I've done is the Croatan National Forrest and the OBX so this'll be a good experience to take in. My GF and I will be attending and staying at the Arrowhead Campgrounds.
Excellent, non-electric sites are $12/ night and $9 registration fee when reserving online. Most sites allow 2 vehicles and up to 8 people (I think) if you guys want to coordinate sharing some sites. Some of us DurtyRokers will be staying at sites 11 & 12 if you want to reserve one nearby but none of the sites are too far away so we won't have a problem hanging out around the campfire.
Unread 03-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #35
DMRCJ8

I'm going to try to make this trip. It will only be for the day on either Saturday or Sunday depending on my schedule. I may bring one or both of my kids. They are young - 4 and 5 years old -but they love jeeps. Just last week my oldest, Nathan, flipped he and his little sister, Ava over in her Powerwheels Barbie Jeep trying to climb a dirt mound behind the house. These kids are die hard off roaders and watch old top truck challenge videos over and over and over to the point that they've totally memorized them. It's ridiculous. Anyway, we'll be rockin' a green '07 JKU Rubi. It's got a 3" lift and 35's and I just installed a Superwinch epi 9.0 s. We have only had this jeep a couple of months and I am ready to try it out on the trails. It's been years since I was up at URE and the last time I was on a Honda Fourtrax four wheeler. I hope to see everybody there! BTW, we doing Daniel?
DMRCJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #36
GotLime
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewalters View Post
I was thinking about heading up there I was wondering if theres anything I should pick up for $50 to$100 that would help me out, already have extinguisher, straps and chains, first aid kit, spare d35 shafts and carrier, basic craftsman set and have a cb in the mail.
Do you have D-rings/recovery points?
GotLime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #37
dirtydan69
1994 YJ Wrangler 

so is it open on fri this year like normal?
dirtydan69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #38
aewalters
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLime

Do you have D-rings/recovery points?
Front and rear
There's something about speeding through the woods, getting bogged down in mud holes and lurching over fallen logs that's good for the soul. Time flies when all we can think about are the four tires underneath us and how we are going manage to get through the next obstacle on the trail. We take each challenge as it comes. We get stuck, we get out. We break something, we fix it. We come out dirty, bruised, and exhausted... but we're smiling.[/QUOTE]
aewalters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #39
GotLime
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan69 View Post
so is it open on fri this year like normal?
Opening Day is 4/1, which is a Friday.
GotLime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #40
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

We wont be doing Daniel on this one will we Yeti?
Jankoid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #41
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If some people want to ride Daniel we can split into two groups and meet up.
Unread 03-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #42
bft89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

me and a buddy are planning on coming on this ride i have a yj and he has a tj neither me or him have ever been to uwharrie and the wheeling we have done is in the woods in our local town so i think this wiil be a good intro in to uwharrie and wheeling we both have recovery points and we can get extinguishers what else might we need and how can we get a camp site and an address to the park and camp site
Unread 03-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #43
carolinatj
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The address for the eldorado outpost is "4021 NC Hwy 109N Eldorado, NC 27371" That is where you need to buy your trail passes, and they can give you easy directions to the campgrounds. You can go to recreation.gov search for arrowhead campground in NC and reserve a site online. several of us have sites already reserved there. To reserve online there is a $9.00 fee, non electric sites are $12 a night and electric sites are $15 a night.
carolinatj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #44
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

To be clear, you don't need an extinguisher for this trip.... but it is a good idea to keep one!

Here is the link to reserve camping: http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...ex=CampingSpot
Unread 03-30-2011, 05:39 AM   #45
bft89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

well hopefully i can make it up there its like five hours from my house i think i can come up this weekend though im gonna have to go through my rig and make sure that everything is good on it before the long drive up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.