Uwharrie for Newbies (& everyone else) Apr 9-10th - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Uwharrie for Newbies (& everyone else) Apr 9-10th

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 03-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #16
GotLime
2008 JK Wrangler 

Our very informal "club" the Lake Norman Crawler Club will be out there. The plan is to be at the Outpost and ready to roll at 10am.

GotLime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #17
GotLime
2008 JK Wrangler 

PS. We use CB channel 14.
Unread 03-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #18
Mud_Crazy
2002 WJ 

ill be heading up this weekend with about 10 other jeeps taht i know of, some might flake out. i slao know that CCOF club is going up this weekend as well. should be fun...this is my first trip up there too.
SILVER&BLACK 02 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7L V8 HO, Clayton 6" liftT w/ Bilstien 5100's and 2in pucks , 37X12.5 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's on red and black Creeper Locks, front and back Dana 60 w/ ARB lockers, Chromolly shafts and 5.13 gears, ARB compressor, Flowmaster 50 exhuast, K&N FIPK, IRO front bumper and flares, and Cobra 29NW with firestick antenna.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/backdoor_artist-first-ever-jeep-build-1167659/index7.html#post12830094"]Build Thread[/URL]
Mud_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #19
GotLime
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoor_artist View Post
ill be heading up this weekend with about 10 other jeeps taht i know of, some might flake out. i slao know that CCOF club is going up this weekend as well. should be fun...this is my first trip up there too.
This weekend? Like tomorrow or the day after?

Doesn't URE open NEXT week (April 1)?
Unread 03-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #20
-Deepskyy-
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLime View Post

Yup. URE will not be open until 4-1
-Lt. General Charles, Earl Cornwallis after the battle of Guilford Courthouse NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outatime05 View Post
Females are a dime-a-dozen. Jeeps are forever. Easy choice. Be indispensible or be gone. :wave:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
We are Jeepforum. We can do the unthinkable. We are Jeep strong. And head stubborn. We are. JEEPFORUM.
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Red Jeep #543
-Deepskyy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 05:19 AM   #21
Mud_Crazy
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLime View Post

yeah i got mixed up by a week. been happening all over..lol..but i ment april 1 weekend.
SILVER&BLACK 02 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7L V8 HO, Clayton 6" liftT w/ Bilstien 5100's and 2in pucks , 37X12.5 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's on red and black Creeper Locks, front and back Dana 60 w/ ARB lockers, Chromolly shafts and 5.13 gears, ARB compressor, Flowmaster 50 exhuast, K&N FIPK, IRO front bumper and flares, and Cobra 29NW with firestick antenna.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/backdoor_artist-first-ever-jeep-build-1167659/index7.html#post12830094"]Build Thread[/URL]
Mud_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #22
Ayres56
2008 JK Wrangler 

So are JK's welcome? Been planning on coming out to Uwarrie. Mine is a 4 dr Rubicon, stock, but capable. I know some YJ, CJ, TJ guys don't like JK's.
Ayres56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #23
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayres56
So are JK's welcome? Been planning on coming out to Uwarrie. Mine is a 4 dr Rubicon, stock, but capable. I know some YJ, CJ, TJ guys don't like JK's.
All jeeps, stock or modified, are welcome. That is the point of this run.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #24
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Absolutely. The only thing I don't know is how your clearance will be over the erosion mounds due to longer wheelbase. I've seen 4door JKs out there so I assume it has the clearance just don't know for sure.

I think worst case you'd tap the skid plate on the dirt mounds. I did this with my tj when I had the bald 30" GSA's, no damage just a little annoying.
Unread 03-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #25
Ayres56
2008 JK Wrangler 

Alright guys! Then I might have to make the trip from Ft Bragg.
Unread 03-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #26
joshr1987

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Yeti_ View Post
Absolutely. The only thing I don't know is how your clearance will be over the erosion mounds due to longer wheelbase. I've seen 4door JKs out there so I assume it has the clearance just don't know for sure.

I think worst case you'd tap the skid plate on the dirt mounds. I did this with my tj when I had the bald 30" GSA's, no damage just a little annoying.
He might be ok since hes on 32s and JK bellies dont hang down nearly as low as a stock TJ.

Id love to see what that stock 4 door could do out there. With lockers should be able to conquer the whole park fairly easily.

The only JKs we dont like are the ones that dont get wheeled!

I really need to get a CB. Maybe Ill try to make it to the outpost by 10 to meet everyone. I have met a few of you Lake Norman guys a while back... Jeep still about the same plus UCF tummy tuck and related parts.
joshr1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #27
Ayres56
2008 JK Wrangler 

This may give me a good excuse to get a nice 2.5" BB without any arguments from the wife.
Unread 03-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #28
-Deepskyy-
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayres56 View Post
Dude you will be able to crawl around pretty much everything you want with good spotting.
-Lt. General Charles, Earl Cornwallis after the battle of Guilford Courthouse NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outatime05 View Post
Females are a dime-a-dozen. Jeeps are forever. Easy choice. Be indispensible or be gone. :wave:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
We are Jeepforum. We can do the unthinkable. We are Jeep strong. And head stubborn. We are. JEEPFORUM.
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Red Jeep #543
-Deepskyy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #29
T_K
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Really wish I could make this, just bought an 04 TJ last week. Unfortunately we will be out of town though. I did just order a DPG Ultimate lift that should be here in about 3 weeks, I hope.
T_K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #30
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

T K, next time you are available post on this section of JF or join up on the DurtyRok site. There are usually plenty of people to go with and it is more fun to go with others.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.