Uwharrie Newbie - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Uwharrie Newbie

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
CCJeep04
2004 WJ 

Uwharrie Newbie

Hey everyone,

This will be our first time heading to Uwharrie and I'd like to gather as much information as possible before hitting the trails. Besides the Art Lilley Campground and the Deep Water Trail Camp, are there any other primitive campsites along any of the trails? I have a feeling those spots fill up quickly on the weekends and would like to have a back up plan in place. I've also been having a difficult time trying to find GPS information. Does anyone have trailhead coordinates they wouldn't mind sharing?

Any info would be greatly appreciated

-CC

CCJeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
greene69
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Stop at the outpost at 4021 hwy 109 Troy, NC 27371 910-527-3474 to get your pass and a map. Some maps online are good and some are not so good.you may be able to call them and get one sent to you.
greene69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
Flip6-3Hole
1981 CJ7 

We just went to Uwharrie on Sunday. We just did some of the basic trails but there were a lot of people camping at different sites along the route. When you say GPS are you looking for some MGRS or something for your garmin?
Flip6-3Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
CCJeep04
2004 WJ 

I have a cheapo Garmin. I was able to use Google maps satellite view to grab campground and parking lot coordinates but couldn't really see anything else. Are the trailheads pretty easy to find? Maybe I have enough to get by...

-CC
CCJeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJeep04 View Post
I have a cheapo Garmin. I was able to use Google maps satellite view to grab campground and parking lot coordinates but couldn't really see anything else. Are the trailheads pretty easy to find? Maybe I have enough to get by...

-CC
Trailheads are obvious and there is plenty of camping all over.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Flip6-3Hole
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Trailheads are obvious and there is plenty of camping all over.
Oh yeah. It was my first time there going offroad, I've hiked there a lot, and it wasn't hard to find your way around. Also, there were lots of people there. I can't count how many people I saw at the beginning of each trail head with a map.
Flip6-3Hole is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.