Uwharrie 8/2-3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Uwharrie 8/2-3

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-23-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
Misterzingle
1986 CJ7 

Uwharrie 8/2-3

Is there anybody going that weekend that I might be able to tag along with?

A couple buddies and myself are going that Saturday morning through the next morning, and I'd like to join a convoy of sorts.

Where do I go with a truck and a trailer to camp?

Misterzingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 10:45 AM   #2
Fingers302
2006 LJ Wrangler 

We like to camp at Arrowhead. Its set up for RVs, but we tent camp, setting up our base there, then hit the trails from there. They have a bathhouse, trash dump, water, electricity on the sites, fire rings, grills, picnic tables, etc.

"You can have things, or you can have kids, but you cant have kids and things because they will rat your sh*t!"

06 LJ Rubicon, OME HD springs, 2" spacers front, 1.5" spacer rear, Bilstein 5100s, Currie Anti-Rock on front, Currie control arms, 315/75 Coopers, UFC Ultra Clearance TT and Engine skids, in aluminum of course ;), bumpers and winch....Oh, and a pool ball shifter. That's good for at least 5 more hp....at the crank at least.

Support your local chapter of the Nam Knights Motorcycle Club

[QUOTE=sanmy1412;14062467]
I got home late last night and was just playing with it a bit .... took it out and it was noticeably stiffer ... my hand actually got tired from the effort[/QUOTE]
Fingers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #3
Misterzingle
1986 CJ7 

I am being told by a source that art Lilly is about the only place to park your truck and trailer near your site, so I might be leaning in that direction
Unread Today, 05:43 AM   #4
Fingers302
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm not familiar with the Art Lily camping. I know you can trailer into Arrowhead and they have a bathhouse. $15 per night and you can put three tents on one site. It's all paved driveway at Arrowhead.

"You can have things, or you can have kids, but you cant have kids and things because they will rat your sh*t!"

06 LJ Rubicon, OME HD springs, 2" spacers front, 1.5" spacer rear, Bilstein 5100s, Currie Anti-Rock on front, Currie control arms, 315/75 Coopers, UFC Ultra Clearance TT and Engine skids, in aluminum of course ;), bumpers and winch....Oh, and a pool ball shifter. That's good for at least 5 more hp....at the crank at least.

I got home late last night and was just playing with it a bit .... took it out and it was noticeably stiffer ... my hand actually got tired from the effort[/QUOTE]
Unread Today, 05:51 AM   #5
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterzingle View Post
I am being told by a source that art Lilly is about the only place to park your truck and trailer near your site, so I might be leaning in that direction
Not true but I have camped there many times. It's a gravel lot surrounded by woods. Just be prepared for a lot of nighttime noise. All the Jackholes in straight piped yotas and side by sides like to rip through there at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 07:44 AM   #6
Misterzingle
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Not true but I have camped there many times. It's a gravel lot surrounded by woods. Just be prepared for a lot of nighttime noise. All the Jackholes in straight piped yotas and side by sides like to rip through there at night.
Would you recommend a site that I could camp decently close to my truck and trailer?
Unread Today, 10:31 AM   #7
Fingers302
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterzingle
Would you recommend a site that I could camp decently close to my truck and trailer?
Arrowhead!

Unread Today, 10:41 AM   #8
bigPapaLapas
1994 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...ead+Campground
bigPapaLapas is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 11:36 AM   #9
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterzingle View Post
We like to camp at the end of Dutch John. Small gravel lot and a good campsite walking distance up Falls Dam (right side with the guardrail).

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread Today, 01:14 PM   #10
Fingers302
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I think sjones is referring to Art Lily not being paved and lots of noise at night. Arrowhead has a paved drive for the RVs to get in and out easily as well as a Ranger who stays there. The noise has never been an issue at Arrowhead. Come on and say it with me, A R R O W H E A D. That's where you want to stay.

Unread Today, 02:58 PM   #11
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers302 View Post
I think sjones is referring to Art Lily not being paved and lots of noise at night. Arrowhead has a paved drive for the RVs to get in and out easily as well as a Ranger who stays there. The noise has never been an issue at Arrowhead. Come on and say it with me, A R R O W H E A D. That's where you want to stay.
No, I was mainly referring to the loud vehicles and people tearing through at all hours of the night.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.