Uwharrie - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Uwharrie

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while suppliePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 04-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
NCRUBI2012

Uwharrie

Looking for a few people to join at URE sometime soon. I went last weekend but it was so busy. Would like to try on a quieter day with a few folks that know their way around. I am not stock but still want to move forward with caution. Not a newbie but it has been a few years since I ran an old pick up in NY. Tons different from a brand new Rubi with all the toys. I see a "college kid" group but not sure they would enjoy the company of my old ***.

NCRUBI2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
JCJeep97
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Many of us are planning a trip on the 11th of May:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/...-12-a-1504120/
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
wilkow
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am planning on going this Saturday. I have never been on the trails so I'm a newb. I don't want to do anything crazy just trail ride.
wilkow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
NCRUBI2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkow
I am planning on going this Saturday. I have never been on the trails so I'm a newb. I don't want to do anything crazy just trail ride.
Wilkow - I can't make this weekend since I have my daughter but let's keep in touch for a different time.

Like the May 11th idea but that seems so far away. I will at last plan on it for now.
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
wilkow
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have a question for those that have been. If i come across an obstacle or something I don't feel comfortable traversing, can I turn around or are there "lanes" within the trails set for easy, medium, hard, etc? I printed a cool trail map from CNC4X4 and from what I've read, I should stay away from Daniel, Dutch John, and Rocky Mount (but its closed per Uwharrie website). On paper, gonna do Falls Dam, Dickey Bell, and Wolf Den. Also should I expect those 3 trails to take a couple hours, all day, 30 mins....sorry for the dumb questions, I've just never been. Are there huge lines waiting to go through stuff?

NCRUBI - I live in Norwood (like 15 mins away) so anytime you wanna go, just PM me.
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJeep97 View Post
Many of us are planning a trip on the 11th of May:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/...-12-a-1504120/
I think we're the "college kid" group he was referring to.

No worries though, Allen in our group is older and brings his son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
cj777
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkow View Post
I have a question for those that have been. If i come across an obstacle or something I don't feel comfortable traversing, can I turn around or are there "lanes" within the trails set for easy, medium, hard, etc? I printed a cool trail map from CNC4X4 and from what I've read, I should stay away from Daniel, Dutch John, and Rocky Mount (but its closed per Uwharrie website). On paper, gonna do Falls Dam, Dickey Bell, and Wolf Den. Also should I expect those 3 trails to take a couple hours, all day, 30 mins....sorry for the dumb questions, I've just never been. Are there huge lines waiting to go through stuff?

NCRUBI - I live in Norwood (like 15 mins away) so anytime you wanna go, just PM me.
Uwharrie is really pretty moderate, and there are bypasses around pretty much all of the obstacles. Especially on the trails you listed, you shouldn't have any problems. There are very rarely lines waiting anywhere unless someone is broken down. The only exception is around Kodak Rock, which is currently closed. Feel free to hit me up if you have any more questions about specific trails, etc. I've been going about once a month during the season for the last several years.

'74 CJ5
'81 CJ7
'03 TJ
cj777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #8
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkow View Post

RML is easy except for Kodak Rock (which is on the closed section) but Kodak has a bypass anyways. Upper Daniel is a cakewalk and is no problem for new guys. Lower Daniel does not have bypasses and should be avoided if not comfortable. Dutch John is also extremely easy with only one steep hillclimb. Any Jeep can climb it no problem. We had a Samurai that couldn't make it due to a lack of power.

If you want to see examples of these trails, most of what you listed is on the GoPro videos I took last weekend, which can be found a page or two from the back of the Jamboree link in my sig VVV.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #9
NCRUBI2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

I think we're the "college kid" group he was referring to.

No worries though, Allen in our group is older and brings his son.
Cool. I will plan to join
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #10
NCRUBI2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

RML is easy except for Kodak Rock (which is on the closed section) but Kodak has a bypass anyways. Upper Daniel is a cakewalk and is no problem for new guys. Lower Daniel does not have bypasses and should be avoided if not comfortable. Dutch John is also extremely easy with only one steep hillclimb. Any Jeep can climb it no problem. We had a Samurai that couldn't make it due to a lack of power.

If you want to see examples of these trails, most of what you listed is on the GoPro videos I took last weekend, which can be found a page or two from the back of the Jamboree link in my sig VVV.
Your videos rock. Some areas I avoided look pretty easy.
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #11
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRUBI2012 View Post
Your videos rock. Some areas I avoided look pretty easy.
Thank you sir. Most of Uwharrie is.

Quote:
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #12
wilkow
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well I went today. Did Wolf Den and Falls Dam. I think before I tackle more I need to ride with someone to get comfortable. It was a beautiful day and had lunch with my fiancée creek side.
image-357842485.jpg  
Unread 04-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #13
greene69
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Come on out and Me and the college kids, you will enjoy it.
greene69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #14
JCJeep97
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greene69 View Post
Come on out and Me and the college kids, you will enjoy it.
Yeah, we've got a pretty good group going now!
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #15
wilkow
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You guys talking about the May trip?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.