URE Labor Day Weekend. (Sep 3-5) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > URE Labor Day Weekend. (Sep 3-5)

Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic HalogFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-20

Unread 08-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

URE Labor Day Weekend. (Sep 3-5)

Im planning on making a URE run labor day weekend. I had heard on my URE thread in the pic request section that some of the big dogs might be coming (RickyR, Redlyner).

Anyways I wanted to see if anybody was interested. Let me know if you are coming.

EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

bump

anyone coming?
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

i may be up for it

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
HannahWCU
2005 LJ Wrangler 

If I stay in town that weekend I might be up for a run.
HannahWCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
Gint2
2008 JK Wrangler 

Can you give some details on "URE"... Where is it? Is it suitable for stock? Times?
Gint2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 07:34 AM   #6
HannahWCU
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gint2 View Post
Can you give some details on "URE"... Where is it? Is it suitable for stock? Times?
From your profile I see you have a Rubicon. Other than scratching a few things under the jeep, you should be able to do about every trail at Uwharrie. Although if you are new to Jeeping, I might want to get a few trails under your belt before taking on Daniel or Kodak Rock (there is a bypass for Kodak Rock). Uwharrie National Forest is near the town of Troy, NC about an hour East of Charlotte. Most people meet at the The Outpost. Its a good place to fill up on gas and supplies and air down before hitting the trails. There is Camping inside the park, but I have not done that so someone else would have to explain how that works. The trails themselves are mild to moderate to difficult. There are a couple of trail maps, but this one is the most descriptive (LINK). Come on up, I am sure you will have fun.
Unread 08-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #7
scot9055
1983 CJ5 

That sounds like an awesome ride for sure. Is there an RV parking area anywhere around? My jeep is definetely not rock climbing material but plenty good enough to go and ride some trails and bust some mud holes!
scot9055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
HannahWCU
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot9055 View Post
That sounds like an awesome ride for sure. Is there an RV parking area anywhere around? My jeep is definetely not rock climbing material but plenty good enough to go and ride some trails and bust some mud holes!
Uhhhh...... hate to tell you this but if you have a Rubicon, it IS rock crawling material. Believe me, I have a 2005. Stock it would go more places than I was willing too! I think the campgrounds have some full hook-up sites (and on the lake). But I believe you have to reserve them.
Unread 08-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
scot9055
1983 CJ5 

I think my suspension is wayyy to stiff to be trying to climp over any bumps, or at least to the point it would be so ruff it wouldn't be enjoyable to say the least. Now I'm thinking rocky trails with lots of small humps. Or is it lots of trails?
scot9055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #10
HannahWCU
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Oops Sorry, I thought Glint2 posted that . Yea, the CJ won't exactly have the ability to soak up the bumps like a TJ. But if you air down you should be able to do some of the easier trails. I have taken stock TJ's and YJ's through some of the trails with no problems. Also took a full size long bed Chevy truck through once. It can be fun.
Unread 08-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #11
cj777
1977 CJ7 

I'll be there with a group from another forum if I get my new axles installed by then.

'74 CJ5
'81 CJ7
'03 TJ
cj777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #12
melk
1996 ZJ 

Hi folks. Haven't been to URE yet but its so close I look forward to going there a good bit.

My question is... I'll be camping with my wife and 3 kids.... If I stick to the easier/moderate trails, would it be safe for them all to ride along, or is that a BAD IDEA? We've gone on some pretty tame local trails and everybody has a blast. Just wondering if I'll get the "look at that *******" stare if I come through with my zj loaded full of kids??
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 12:28 AM   #13
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

I've driven my 76 CJ-7 (35" tires, 2.5" lift+ 1" BL) on most of the trails in Uwharrie NF. The V8 makes up for lack of flex in many situations.
jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 12:34 AM   #14
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

^ Just make sure the kids have their seatbelts on and have a great time with them! There are 3 main camping options. 1) Arrowhead campground. They have showers, rv spots, electric hook ups. 2) Badin Lake campground 3) Anywhere off the trails!

For the campgrounds you will want to reserve them early. $12-$30/night
NCNatural's Uwharrie National Forest - Camping

Camping off the trails if free, but you need a pass for the trails. $5/daily or yearly pass for $25 (or$30?)

I ride the trails stock on 31's. I bump a little on my skid plates but have done all the trails except for half of Daniel.
Unread 08-26-2010, 06:54 AM   #15
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

You will be fine with the zj and kids. I did some of the trails last weekend in my zj on 31s and a 2" bb just had some front fender rub which I have since taken care of haha
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.