Tellico 5/31 & 6/1 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Tellico 5/31 & 6/1

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #1
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Cool Tellico 5/31 & 6/1

No more on the fence; we're committing.
I just reserved a cabin for the evening of the 31st at the Tellico Plains KOA:
http://koa.com/where/tn/42173/
We're bringing Jessi the Wonder Mutt and packing some charcoal and steaks (and whatnot).
Leave north GA at 7 or 8 Saturday morning, get up there and look around, eat, etc.

Who's in?

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well I was going to go but the club planned a ride at Coppenger Cove that weekend.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2008, 04:10 AM   #3
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06trailrig View Post
Well I was going to go but the club planned a ride at Coppenger Cove that weekend.
So...?

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 05-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

We hit the fs roads and the area around Amicalola on Sunday; it was a blast. Everybody was pointing at my buddy's FJ Cruiser and saying that it wouldn't make it; he was passing Jeeps. Some people get too worried about what's not possible...

C'mon; somebody must want to go and play in Tellico...

Unread 05-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

when you say Tellico do you mean Tellico ORV park outside of Murphy, NC or Tellico Plains in TN?
Unread 05-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJerm View Post
when you say Tellico do you mean Tellico ORV park outside of Murphy, NC or Tellico Plains in TN?
I think my plan is to head up to Murphy in the morning, get messy on the trails, and then make my way to Tellico Plains in time to relax and get a fire going for dinner.
Then steaks and beer.
Then make my way home the same sort of way on Sunday. Just talk to other wheelers and see what's happening.
I've never been there so everything will be pretty special...

Unread 05-28-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
lturley
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06trailrig View Post
Hey Trailrig, I live up near Calhoun so I was wondering what club you ride with?
lturley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #8
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.dixiediggers.com/

located in Summerville.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #9
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Well, nobody joined us but it was still great:

ps --- Tellico and the surrounding mountains are PARADISE ON EARTH!
Holy moly.
I can't believe that this was in my back yard all along and I never experienced it; I should've gotten a Jeep sooner.
Dang; there were places that were so beautiful that it was hard to breath.

This is what's left after a cargasm...

Hope everybody had a good/safe day.

Unread 06-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #10
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

I was in hopes to join but a death in the family had me packin to mississippi on Wend and just got back today.
Unread 06-02-2008, 03:37 AM   #11
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJerm View Post
I was in hopes to join but a death in the family had me packin to mississippi on Wend and just got back today.
That sucks; my sympathies, bro.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.