Spring Open Invite @ The Flats/Down and Dirty For Life - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Spring Open Invite @ The Flats/Down and Dirty For Life

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
DisneyNut
2008 KK Liberty 

Spring Open Invite @ The Flats/Down and Dirty For Life

Rock Corps 4x4 Club is announcing our spring open invite for April 20th-22nd. @ "THE FLATS" This year we are going to combine our ride with the "Down and Dirty For Life" fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. The gates will open 9am on Friday and close 5pm on Sunday. Admission is $10 per rig...$10 per person...kids 15 and under are free. Camping is free. This covers you all weekend so bring your family or yourself and have some fun for a great cause! "THE FLATS" is located @ I-40 East to exit 85.Turn right and go 1/4 mile and the park is on the left

Down and Dirty For Life 2012
With the help of Rock Corps 4x4 Club and the American Cancer Society, my family has been working on organizing a fundraiser to benefit the American Cancer Society. This event will combine everything you love about wheeling at the Flats, with raising awareness and money for Cancer Research. There will be a tent with Cancer Information, vendors, and a raffle. One of the raffle items will be a handmade Cancer Awareness quilt. We will also be lighting luminaries at dusk on Saturday in remembrance and support of anyone who has battled cancer. If anyone would like to share a survivor story after the raffle, that would be awesome. Please email me at downanddirtyforlife@gmail.com if you'd like to share your story at the event, or if you have any questions or comments.

Official photographer of White Jeep #134
DisneyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
D3Lta
2001 XJ Cherokee 

where is this at? im interested...
D3Lta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

Mcdowell county. I-40 exit 85. Its always crowded on the open invites, but alot of people like going there. I've been once & that was enough for me.
I'd go again if it was free.... or if you could take beer in with you. Type "the flats" in on youtube and you'll see a bunch of videos of it.
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
D3Lta
2001 XJ Cherokee 

haha. yeah is it just a bog or what?
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
1FuddyMucker
1983 CJ7 

They have a few quick trails for daily driver/mild rigs, but most of the folks there are in custom built trailer queen buggies. We were not used to driving on trails & being in traffic at the same time. You know when you come up on a wreck & all the other cars are rubber necking... Then you go by it and say WTF was that about? Thats how it felt trying to trail ride at the flats.
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
D3Lta
2001 XJ Cherokee 

haha... yeah i got a dd that is a mud lover. i dont like bogs but i like wet trails... im not about crawling...
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
DisneyNut
2008 KK Liberty 

For those interested in a great weekend of wheeling, I am giving this one a bump to the top. Let me know if you have any questions.
Official photographer of White Jeep #134
DisneyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

The Flats is one of my favorite places to wheel. Wet or dry, it offers challenges to all types of rigs. The people there are great and I feel some of the comments above are pretty far off, I've wheeled The Flats 7 times now and I can always find open trails with zero traffic.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
OlJeeps
1967 CJ5 

This was an awesome event. Shame on ya if ya missed it!

I try to make all the Flats events. Great place to wheel and a great group (Rock Corps) who run it!
OlJeeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.