Snowbird OHV open house May 29th (HELP RETURN OHV TO WNC!) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Snowbird OHV open house May 29th (HELP RETURN OHV TO WNC!)

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

View Poll Results: Will you be attending the Snowbird OHV open house May 29th
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 04-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Snowbird OHV open house May 29th (HELP RETURN OHV TO WNC!)

I know this is something for the upcoming events section and if the mods want to move the thread that's fine. But I wanted this to have the most exposure possible.
Here's the deal Danny (Crawfords Campground near Tellico) posted the following on Pirate4x4 and asked me to spread the word about the event. The more 4wheelers we have show up to this event the better! The event is scheduled for May 29th, here's what he wrote:

(link to the pirate thread --> http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=973448 )
I got an interesting call from the Eddie Franklin (Developer of Snowbird OHV) today wanting to put on a rally if you will from right here at Crawfords Campground and Cabin Rentals. This event is open to all 4x4 vehicles(No ATV/MC's or Rail buggies) and the fee is free to enter the Snowbird OHV park. The entrance will be off of Boiling Springs Rd.(Just about 6 miles from the Campground) where you will get a taste of what they have been building(50 acre rock crawling area as well as other trails. They are trying to increase memberships to this area and this is the best way to advertise. You see before you purchase. I am told there is no limit for this event, but there is a limit to parking at the entrance for vehicles that have to be trailered up. So, the best way is to have registered vehicles that you can drive right from camp.
A couple of interesting facts on us out here trying to survive is that I know serve All You can Eat Waffle breakfasts, we can refill your propane and most importantly we still have the rock garden. Please note that we do not have Gas in the tank, so bring your own.
Please let me know when you make a reservation if you intend on eating Sat night BBQ Dinner so I know how many to cook for as well.
PLEASE POST UP EVERYWHERE YOU CAN ABOUT THIS EVENT, THE MORE CHEROKEE COUNTY SEES THE MORE THEY WILL SEE THE VALUE IN BEING INVOLVED.
www.crawfords_campground@yahoo.com
828-837-9077

*Someone asked about what exactly this place is and here's Danny's reply:

Right now they are wanting to expand their membership to 50(They are at 20+/-). The membership is $1000 per year and you can take upto 5 persons with you. You can look at all the details at www.snowbirdanglers.com. In the near future they are wanting to hold comps a couple times a year and maybe let Jeep Jamboree come out. This will give them time and money to build up the park over time.
I think it is important to let everyone see a large crowd at one time, so they can see what they are missing as well as to get the County involved. They are all about pumping tourism up in this area. A little late to dinner if you ask me, but at least with the new guys running the commission they are interested.

pics of the rock crawling area

Unread 04-20-2011, 06:14 AM   #2
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Any questions? This area isn't just for unlimited rock crawlers, they will have trails for everyone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.