Rubicon Trail August 9th-11th 2014 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Rubicon Trail August 9th-11th 2014

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #61
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

You guys need to get this book.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #62
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
You guys need to get this book.

Good book. Had one when I lived in SD that more than paid for it's self.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #63
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm going wheeling with those guys on saturday, should be cool to meet them
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #64
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wow. This would be a dream trip!
Unread 07-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #65
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

how long would this take to enjoy and complete JV to Dusy Ershim to the rubicon? Google maps says 13 total hours of travel time but Im mainly curious how many days youd need
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #66
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Probably around 8 days. How were you guys feeling about heading to the sand dunes for a day also? It's literally on the ocean, you camp on the beach, drive on the beach. It's a pretty cool experience. But if no one's interested it's all good.
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #67
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Shouldn't this thread be called JF Rubicon Trail Trip....and then some!"

Unread 07-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #68
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Probably around 8 days. How were you guys feeling about heading to the sand dunes for a day also? It's literally on the ocean, you camp on the beach, drive on the beach. It's a pretty cool experience. But if no one's interested it's all good.
Driving a jeep on the beach is a unique experience! Don't think it doesn't have it's challenges!

Unread 07-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #69
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sounds interesting to me!
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #70
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
where are they located?

If that route mentioned would take roughly 8 days I probably wouldnt have much time to do anything else. I might not even be able to do 8 days but if Im going to make it out there I'd really like to see JV, the Dusy and the rubicon.
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #71
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ

where are they located?

If that route mentioned would take roughly 8 days I probably wouldnt have much time to do anything else. I might not even be able to do 8 days but if Im going to make it out there I'd really like to see JV, the Dusy and the rubicon.
Pismo beach ca

I'm down for jv and then to the dusy and the rubicon. Or atleast jv and the rubicon

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #72
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Honestly committing to the entire Dusy is a little ambitious. It would be two 12 hour+ wheeling days in itself with a large group with everything going perfectly and hard to even know if it'll be open (it's still closed right now). The itinerary I have in my head would be to meet in Tahoe, run the Rubicon in two days, head to Fresno the evening we finish the Rubicon, then the next morning head up the mountain and run swamp which is the same area as Dusy, just a 13 mile trail instead of 31miles. Then we could camp, run a half day trail up there ( I have several I could get us going on), then head out to the coast and be there by nightfall. Set up camp and wake up on the ocean, wheel the dunes, get some good food in Pismo and then head south down the coastline towards JV. It's about 300 miles from Pismo to JV so I'm not sure we'd make it all the way that day. Once we make it to Yucca valley, probably mid day if the weather somehow is on our side we could go to the hammers and play around. This is where Art will take over though...... night run, cougar buttes, big bear. I'd like to spend the night in Yucca and for sure get up super early and run some kind of Hammers trail before the heat the following day. So that is......... 7 days. Lot's of driving, lot's of wheeling.
Unread 07-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #73
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like an awesome itinerary

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #74
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm
Honestly committing to the entire Dusy is a little ambitious. It would be two 12 hour+ wheeling days in itself with a large group with everything going perfectly and hard to even know if it'll be open (it's still closed right now). The itinerary I have in my head would be to meet in Tahoe, run the Rubicon in two days, head to Fresno the evening we finish the Rubicon, then the next morning head up the mountain and run swamp which is the same area as Dusy, just a 13 mile trail instead of 31miles. Then we could camp, run a half day trail up there ( I have several I could get us going on), then head out to the coast and be there by nightfall. Set up camp and wake up on the ocean, wheel the dunes, get some good food in Pismo and then head south down the coastline towards JV. It's about 300 miles from Pismo to JV so I'm not sure we'd make it all the way that day. Once we make it to Yucca valley, probably mid day if the weather somehow is on our side we could go to the hammers and play around. This is where Art will take over though...... night run, cougar buttes, big bear. I'd like to spend the night in Yucca and for sure get up super early and run some kind of Hammers trail before the heat the following day. So that is......... 7 days. Lot's of driving, lot's of wheeling.
Is it closed due to snow or for what reason?
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #75
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post

Is it closed due to snow or for what reason?
Usually its snow, this year its frogs....

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.