Rubicon Trail August 9th-11th 2014 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Rubicon Trail August 9th-11th 2014

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #46
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

P.s. JV then up to big bear would be fun to! I love big bear. A couple fun lines and some good scenery as well. It makes for a good fun day when ya get some nice weather. Which happens quite often up there when it's not winter

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #47
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you do the Rubicon too early, you'll end up doing a lot of this!
img_2460.jpg  

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #48
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Uncle Tom's Cabin was cool though!
img_2420.jpg  

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #49
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well, if we head down south to JV / Big bear, at the very least those who wish to, could run something short in the morning like Choc. Thunder like I did a couple weeks ago. The heat was a non issue, and it was one of the funnest things I've ever done in my Jeep. Not everyone will be up to run it, but there's good spectating right there for those of you who just want a little taste of JV and for those who do run it...... I think it'll be a highlight. I'm down for whatever though.... just want everyone to get the most for their efforts.
Unread 07-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #50
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Snow wheeling would make it the trip of a lifetime for this guy.
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #51
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'd rather burn the money then spend it to go snow wheelin. I can do that here on the east coast
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #52
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Lu, not sure what you paid to get your rig shipped, but I wonder if all us East coast/Midwesterners could get a good rate if we filled up an entire hauler, then scheduled him to haul us all back a week or so later.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #53
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thats not a bad idea if you can make it worth the drivers time. More then likely he'll have a load out of cali right off the back.

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #54
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Lu, not sure what you paid to get your rig shipped, but I wonder if all us East coast/Midwesterners could get a good rate if we filled up an entire hauler, then scheduled him to haul us all back a week or so later.
You could likely speak with one company and discuss the locations of all jeeps being shipped and potentially work out a "package deal"

Im sure its possible just a little more leg work to coordinate
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #55
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ

You could likely speak with one company and discuss the locations of all jeeps being shipped and potentially work out a "package deal"

Im sure its possible just a little more leg work to coordinate
I'd even be willing to drive a few hours to meet in one place as a group. His many vehicles typically fit on one of those car carriers? Looks like maybe 9.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #56
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Seems I'm alittle late to the party, but I'll 2nd,3rd,err...10th the idea of hitting up Big Bear and JV as well. There both quite scenic in there own right and are quite conveniently co-located. However when it comes to JV I'll just play wannabe Baja racer on the lake bed and leave the hardcore rock crawling to the "big boys".

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #57
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Seems I'm alittle late to the party, but I'll 2nd,3rd,err...10th the idea of hitting up Big Bear and JV as well. There both quite scenic in there own right and are quite conveniently co-located. However when it comes to JV I'll just play wannabe Baja racer on the lake bed and leave the hardcore rock crawling to the "big boys".
Get your whole Connecticut Posse on board Andy!
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #58
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Exactly how I feel. I will watch yall.
Unread 07-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #59
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

There is a lot you guys could do there..... with good spotting and a sensible approach, hooking up the winch line if needed. Not that I know my way around out there..... I just know how capable your rigs are. I think Turkey Claw would be plenty doable for everyone. And Chocolate Thunder was a thrill for me. You guys would love it.
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #60
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
How far is Ershim from the Rubicon ? I am in to run a second trail , but I prefer the sounds of Ershim as the water crossing on Fordyce doesnt sound like fun . In other words I remember when Keith Strong was posting the pics from when the water flow rolled/pinned him while he was crossing it.
Ershim is probably 6 hour drive from the Rubicon, there are some other great trails in the area and lots of lakes and streams full of German, Brook and Rainbow trout that are sweet as candy.

less than an hour from Ershim you can wheel Swamp Lake which is a really fun trail with more to offer than the Rubicon in my opinion and Bald Mountain which is thousands of acres of solid granite, its like Moab but granite instead of Slickrock with everything from beautiful vistas to some very challenging routes. There are a bunch of other routes in a very small area, keep in mind this is the high sierras in addition to Rubicon style terrain the weather is very nice. I am game for whatever you guys decide.

“If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six sharpening my axe.”- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.