Road trip to NW-NC / NE-TN - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Road trip to NW-NC / NE-TN

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Road trip to NW-NC / NE-TN

My best friend just informed me on Saturday that she's moving to Hawaii in January. We've been talking about going on a road trip to Tennessee for a year or so now, and want to make it happen before she leaves. Unfortunately it's not realistic for either of us to get more than 4 days (Friday - Monday) off from work, so it'll be kind of a rushed trip.

So I'm thinking of ending up in the NE corner of Tennessee, like around Kingsport / Bristol area. The TN section of the forum seems pretty dead and we'll be close to NC anyways so I figured I'd make a post up here. Wouldn't be a problem to cross the border.

Anyways we both grew up in small towns in New Hampshire. She loves to travel, and the furthest I've been in the last 10 years is Pennsylvania. Her leaving kind of opened up my eyes that there's a lot more out there than just NH. I want to see life is like in other places.

We don't want to be typical tourists, more of just get a feel for what it's like down there, get to know some people, and experience typical life in the south. We both love the outdoors... wheeling, fishing, camping, any kind of adventure. Sadly we'll be taking my car instead of my jeep or her truck - can't afford gas at 13 MPG. That limits the adventure a little bit...

So anyways I was wondering about what we should do down there. I'm thinking camping in one of the state parks (Warrior's Path in Kingsport?) and going horseback riding there. Watching a race at Bristol, and maybe checking out the caverns around there. Like I said I don't want to be a tourist... but you can't say no to caves. I've also been told we should swing through Asheville, NC. Any other ideas?

Is there anyone our age (21-25ish) around that area that would be willing to meet up and make some Northerners feel at home? Maybe take us out wheeling/mudding (as passengers), invite us to a bonfire or out to a bar or something. It'd definitely help to know some people we could get along with before heading down there. I expect to get a lot of s--t about being from up north and thats fine, but I've heard there still may be some hostility among some people. We come in peace!

Unread 10-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Check out www.reddit.com/r/asheville for some tips on stuff to do.
_AdriaN_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If there is a ride around the time you come down, I'm sure you guys would be able to tag along with someone. I wouldn't mind if I go on the trip.
_AdriaN_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
cwmedic
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm from Kingsport. Pretty much all the guys on this forum who are in this NETN/WNC area ride together. Let us know when you are coming and what we can do.
cwmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AdriaN_ View Post
If there is a ride around the time you come down, I'm sure you guys would be able to tag along with someone. I wouldn't mind if I go on the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmedic View Post
I'm from Kingsport. Pretty much all the guys on this forum who are in this NETN/WNC area ride together. Let us know when you are coming and what we can do.
Will do, thanks!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.