off road spot in jacksonville, NC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > off road spot in jacksonville, NC

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top SaleUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 02-23-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
sportsmaniac
2000 XJ Cherokee 

off road spot in jacksonville, NC

So I was adventuring out try to do some little roading and end up coming across this big property no houses or sign of private property. It looked abandoned someone had dumped some trash along the trail. It's nothing extreme but has some good mud puddles and looks like it goes a distance I didn't go that far cause I was by myself. But any one who is interested in checking it out more this weekend let me know.

sportsmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
coreystj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

the only place within a 3 hour drive that is legal to wheel at, atleast open to the public is north top sail beach, i would be very careful about running random trails, the trespassing fines are very steep, and they love to tow military personal's vehicles.
coreystj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
AppFan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Are there no legal spots in the Croatan Natl Forest any more? I haven't lived on that end of the state in a long time. Heck back when I lived there it was still legal to wheel at Radio Island.
Unread 02-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
coreystj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Croatan is kinda funny, there are roads that you can use, but from talking to the rangers there, the majority of the roads you can/will get ticketed on, and they are not marked.. The rangers advised only going there with someone who knew the area very very well.
coreystj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.