Off road clubs around the Jacksonville, North Carolina area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Off road clubs around the Jacksonville, North Carolina area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
Mud_Crazy
2002 WJ 

Off road clubs around the Jacksonville, North Carolina area

Hey there fello jeepers and off roaders. just pick up my first jeep and looking for some other people that like to get dirty on there free time. Just moved here to jacksonville, NC about 3 weeks ago. Picked up my first jeep (WJ) anyway just wondering if there is any clubs and off road places in the area. saw theres is a few clubs buit they dont seem active anymore with there forum. If anyone is intrested in another member to add to there club let me know please. Thanx.

SILVER&BLACK 02 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7L V8 HO, Clayton 6" liftT w/ Bilstien 5100's and 2in pucks , 37X12.5 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's on red and black Creeper Locks, front and back Dana 60 w/ ARB lockers, Chromolly shafts and 5.13 gears, ARB compressor, Flowmaster 50 exhuast, K&N FIPK, IRO front bumper and flares, and Cobra 29NW with firestick antenna.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/backdoor_artist-first-ever-jeep-build-1167659/index7.html#post12830094"]Build Thread[/URL]
Mud_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
tkob1060
2008 JK Wrangler 

congrats on joining the jeep community

check these guys out they are pretty active bunch
Announcements/Vital Info

also check out NC4×4 | News and Events from the 4×4 Community in the Southeast for a lot more locals

J'ville Jeepers

this is the closest place to you to wheel at
North Carolinas Jeep, ATV & 4x4 Off-Road Park and Camping Carolina Backwoods
tkob1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 04:41 AM   #3
TonkaJK

www.northgajeepers.com is also an option!!!
TonkaJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
sportsmaniac
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I just moved to jacksonville a week ago. Got a XJ. My first jeep. Backdoor_artist have you found any trail or good off roading around here? I'm at the air station too.
sportsmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 05:32 AM   #5
coreystj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, I am a member of Jville Jeepers, There really does not seem to be much going on right now, but as we get closer to april things should start to pick up some.

As far as local trails, there really isnt anything, we usually head to Uhwhare (sp?) National forest a couple times a year. Some of the guys who like mud a lot more than i do head to Carolina Backwoods, and we are also talking about a trip to The Gulches this summer.

We just had our Feb M&G last night, and we are working on getting some rides planned.
coreystj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
sportsmaniac
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Do you know where the closest 4x4 store is around jacksonville? I still need a few things to be trail ready.
Unread 02-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #7
coreystj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ya, there is actually 2. Jacksonville 4x4 and Big Wheel Offroad. Which air station? New River, or Cherry point?

Our club is actually somewhat affiliated with Big Wheel.

Oh ya, i forgot to mention, we do have mud bogs here and there is a pretty decent following for it.
coreystj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #8
sportsmaniac
2000 XJ Cherokee 

New river. I looked up big wheel off-road on my gps, found it. I'll probably go tomorrow ASAP.
Unread 03-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
PJG1173
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I know this thread is old but it came up on a google search. I just though I'd let anyone looking for a 4x4 shop in the Jacksonville NC area that Big Wheel off road is no longer in business. Jacksonville 4x4 is the only one that I know of now in the area.
PJG1173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
vaeagle
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Im on Lejeune. There is a little mud trail down the street form new river off dawson cabin. People refer to it as the power lines.
vaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.