OBX Run July 21st - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > OBX Run July 21st

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
NO_RDPLZ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

OBX Run July 21st

July 21st
Day at the beach at Corolla
Pretty much anyone is welcome, family event, pot luck style food. This is also on CherokeeForum for any XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ/WK guys that may be wondering if it's the same event (it is). Already have a bunch of people interested and committed to going between CF and HRJC. Open to all makes and models of 4wd vehicles.

If leaving from VA- Meet up at the border staion at 8am that morning, caravan down to Corolla, spend a day on the beach, drive behind the dunes - basically have a day of fun.

If coming from NC, just meet us out there unless you're coming along the same line we VA guys are.

Anyone else interested? If so, put down what you can bring (grill, food -what type, paper products, canopy, drinks, etc)so we can keep it organized.

NO_RDPLZ: Table, Canopy, Grill

Last edited by NO_RDPLZ; 05-16-2012 at 08:02 AM..
NO_RDPLZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
OBXsandsjeep
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like fun. I'll probably be down for this. I should be off that day and my jeep should be road ready by then.
OBXsandsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
NO_RDPLZ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXsandsjeep
Sounds like fun. I'll probably be down for this. I should be off that day and my jeep should be road ready by then.
Good deal. Check the same thread title in the VA section for the list of people going.
Unread 06-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
ncjeeper98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

As I posted in the VA forum, I am going to try and make it out there. I'm going to also post this in my club forum. (NCKrawlers)
ncjeeper98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
NO_RDPLZ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

sounds good! the more the merrier!\
Unread 07-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
Scionide2481
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Do you need the permit to drive on the beach in Corolla? I know if you go south you have to have a permit to get on the beach now.
Scionide2481 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
NO_RDPLZ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

no permits are required for Corolla.

As it sits we're gonna have quite a few people, so rather than jam up at the Border Station, those of us in the Hampton Roads area are gonna meet up at the Sam's Club off of Battlefield Blvd in Chesepeake, VA. We're leaving there at 7:15am sharp to try to avoid some of the OBX traffic. if you can't/don't want to meet up with everyone there, we'll be pretty hard to miss driving down teh road. We should be passing the Border Station at about 8:15ish; turning onto RT12 north around 9:15am, and then getting to the beach between 9:30-9:45am, all depending on traffic.
Unread 07-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
Rbohno
2012 JK Wrangler 

Wife and i will be in Kill Devil Hills all week, arriving Saturday morning around 10:00 am on 7/21. Been down to Corolla once before two years ago and remember traffic was terrible, would like to try and meet up with you guys but will depend on traffic. We are driving from Charlotte area Friday night and staying in Plymouth,NC Friday night and driving onto the island Saturday morning.

If yall will be behind dunes will you be visible when driving down beach?
Rbohno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
NO_RDPLZ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbohno
Wife and i will be in Kill Devil Hills all week, arriving Saturday morning around 10:00 am on 7/21. Been down to Corolla once before two years ago and remember traffic was terrible, would like to try and meet up with you guys but will depend on traffic. We are driving from Charlotte area Friday night and staying in Plymouth,NC Friday night and driving onto the island Saturday morning.

If yall will be behind dunes will you be visible when driving down beach?
We're at about 50 vehicles right now so i doubt we'll a be behind the dunes at one time. If we are though you wouldn't be abel to see us from water.
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
OBXsandsjeep
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Man. I totally forgot about this till now.
OBXsandsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.