OBX Jeep Rentals? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > OBX Jeep Rentals?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 10-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

OBX Jeep Rentals?

Good morning fellow Jeep peeps!

My wife and I are looking at taking our girls on vacation to the Outer Banks area this summer. End of May/beginning of June. We've been looking at some vacation rental properties and researching the area for activities.

One thing we thought of doing was renting a Jeep to cruise the beaches, specifically the northern end as from what we can tell would allow us to avoid messing with any permits. We have found a couple options so far in our preliminary searches: Rick's Jeep Adventures seems fun but somewhat limited and we've made inquiries into Outer Banks Chrysler Dodge Jeep that offers 24 hour rentals on 4 door JKs.

I was hoping I could get some feedback in regards to other options for Jeep rentals in the area that would afford us the ability to cruise the beaches for a day while we are out there. As well, any other info on vacation rental properties and just general "things to do/places to go/good eats" information.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
JeepN4KC

Bump

Bueller..................Bueller..............

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 11-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
JeepN4KC

Wow............tough crowd in here.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 12-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
PopperM5
1994 ZJ 

We rented a house in Carova the week of the 4th of July and every 45 minute about 4-5 of these Jeep Tours would come by. We wanted to know where they went so we went on the same rout as they did. As far as we could tell, all they seem to do is drive through the "sand streets" where the houses were. I could be wrong, but from what we seen, if you have a 4x4, I would just go driving around and explore yourself and save the cash! That's what we did and we had a blast! Plus, we stopped and did what we wanted when we wanted. That' just my $0.02. Hope this helps.
PopperM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #5
MLC#3 97TJ

Mike,
If you haven't been there before OBX is a great place for a family vacations. We have typically stayed in the Duck/Corolla area with large groups of family and/or friends. Driving up the beach north of Corolla to see the horses is a blast. Plan on visiting Jockeys Ridge, largest sand dune on the east coast and great place to see the sunset. If you have specific questions on the areas, etc let me know I'll help/answer whatever I can.
Dan
MLC#3 97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 07:56 AM   #6
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLC#3 97TJ View Post
Mike,
If you haven't been there before OBX is a great place for a family vacations. We have typically stayed in the Duck/Corolla area with large groups of family and/or friends. Driving up the beach north of Corolla to see the horses is a blast. Plan on visiting Jockeys Ridge, largest sand dune on the east coast and great place to see the sunset. If you have specific questions on the areas, etc let me know I'll help/answer whatever I can.
Dan
Thanks a bunch. We've never been so the trip should be an adventure and we're pretty excited about it. The place we found is in Rodanthe and yes, Jockey's Ridge is definitely on our itinerary. We did notice something that seems typical for the area but nothing we're used to - linen rental?

Any recommendations?

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 01-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #7
MLC#3 97TJ

Recommend blue linens with pastel flowers. j/k. The choice becomes do you want to pack bedsheets and travel with them or pay to rent them for a week.

If you are on facebook at all check out Oregon Inlet Idiots, they post many issues regarding OBX and use of 4x4s out on the beach.
MLC#3 97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #8
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLC#3 97TJ View Post
Recommend blue linens with pastel flowers. j/k. The choice becomes do you want to pack bedsheets and travel with them or pay to rent them for a week.

If you are on facebook at all check out Oregon Inlet Idiots, they post many issues regarding OBX and use of 4x4s out on the beach.
Thanks - I'm not on the book of faces but the wife is - we'll check it out.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.