North Carolina Emissions/Inspection? What won't pass? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > North Carolina Emissions/Inspection? What won't pass?

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-24-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

North Carolina Emissions/Inspection? What won't pass?

My front windows are tinted on my TJ and it's on 35"s, what do I need to worry about as far as getting this thing tagged in NC?

I have some spare 31"s I can throw on it if I need to. But the tint can't go anywhere. What have you guys had to do to pass emissions?

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #2
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i never have problems getting inspected with 35's. as for the tint, go topless and doorless...... they probably won't even think twice about it.....
Unread 10-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

No problem with the tires. I forget what the max percentage allowed is, but they will run it through a meter.
jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 06:42 AM   #4
orangetj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin1995 View Post
i never have problems getting inspected with 35's. as for the tint, go topless and doorless...... they probably won't even think twice about it.....
as long as you have at least 2 mirrors, no problems getting my jeep passed on 35" krawlers with no fenders.
Unread 10-28-2008, 04:22 AM   #5
willness33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetj05 View Post
as long as you have at least 2 mirrors, no problems getting my jeep passed on 35" krawlers with no fenders.
Yep. NC has wonderful lift and tire coverage laws. The law actually states that you cannot have more than 6" of total lift (including tires) UNLESS the vehicle is designed for occasional off road use. Lift 'em, cut the fenders off, whatever, as long as you have two rearview mirrors and it's in safe working order. On the tint, the max is 35% =/- 2%. Lose the doors and top and go get it inspected. Some shops let the tint slide, most don't.
willness33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.