Noob looking for some advice... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > Noob looking for some advice...

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 09-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
mlmurph

Noob looking for some advice...

Hi, guys. I'm new to the forum and looking for some help.

I bought a 2000 Cherokee Sport about five years ago as transportation for my kids thru high school. They are all gone, I still have the Jeep, I fly fish and need a 4WD and I'm interested in getting this thing back in really good shape.

I want to check out the tran, the engine and the electrical before turning any attention to the body, interior or upfitting. I'd like to find a Jeep aficionado or a good independent mechanic to work with. I know it needs work, just not sure how much.

- the electrical is a mess (windows, lights, stereo, etc)
- engine runs well, but rough and with random computer errors that never get fixed
- ac core is shot
- suspension is shot
- steering column electrical is shot (no horn or airbag)

I'm not above purchasing or rebuilding the engine and tran, if needed, as I really like the vehicle and would like to return it to street and off road readiness.

Any recommendations in the Triad area?

Michael

mlmurph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 04:36 AM   #2
Mello03
2013 JK Wrangler 

I know a guy who is very familiar with Jeeps and is as honest as they come. I will PM you his name.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.