New Jeep Owner needs a hand - HELP!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > New Jeep Owner needs a hand - HELP!!!

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 05-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
borkap
2005 LJ Wrangler 

New Jeep Owner needs a hand - HELP!!!

I'm in the Lake Norman area (Cornelius) and I have some stuff to fix on my rig (05 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon). While mechanically I am OK, I have never done this type of work. I'm looking for some help with the following.

•AEV Tracbar assembly replacement (new version requires cutting a 1 and 1/8 hole in the frame rail and some drilling)
•Rear truss and bracket replacement
•Check and adjust pinion angle (I have some minor vibration and was told to check it)
•replace steering stabilizer with old man emu
•replacing sway-bar disconnects with JKS quicker disconnects
•Remount winch (assuming I get the seal kit and get it back together) low priority

I can bring it to you or you come to me. My garage is a disaster so I'd have to do it in my driveway. You will have my undying appreciation and I'll be happy to return the favor however I can. I have all the parts and tools minus whatever I need to cut the 1 and 1/8th inch hole (I'll figure out something).

P.S. I'll buy the beer!

Unread 05-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
Metallheadd
1998 ZJ 

Your not real far from me, I am willing to help if none of the gurus on here chime in. I dont have experience with these particular jobs but I have been working on vehicles all my life. I am a machinist by trade for nearly 20 years as well. Just sayin...

Last edited by Metallheadd; 05-10-2012 at 05:55 PM..
Metallheadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
borkap
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Gracias! I am trying to talk my wife out of a movie tonight but most likely it will be tomorrow AM. I'll keep you posted.
Unread 05-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
borkap
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Done!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.