new guy here from Raleigh, NC - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > new guy here from Raleigh, NC

Poison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Reply
Unread 07-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
dmw319
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 122
new guy here from Raleigh, NC

Hey guys, newbie here. I picked it last week..


99 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2.5L I4, Intense Blue, fresh motor (less than 500 miles on it), 76k on body, 33" bfgoodrich all-terrains. new exhaust, bestop, PIAA lights, detroit locker front and back, 3.5" suspension and body lift.


full size pic: Lauren's new jeep! on Twitpic

honestly, I don't know the first thing about Jeeps (I am a chevy guy) other than what I have been reading online and on jeep forums the past week or two. im trying to find out more about my detriot lockers, and need to do some basic work (brake lines replaced, fuel pump issue? (still havent diagnosed it), some under the hood cleanup) and he also gave me a new steering stabilizer when i bought it that I need to install. I guess I will learn as I go..


Good to be here! I wonder if the guy I bought it from was on this forum at all?

dmw319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
little_Jeep
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw319 View Post
Hey guys, newbie here. I picked it last week..


99 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2.5L I4, Intense Blue, fresh motor (less than 500 miles on it), 76k on body, 33" bfgoodrich all-terrains. new exhaust, bestop, PIAA lights, detroit locker front and back, 3.5" suspension and body lift.


full size pic: Lauren's new jeep! on Twitpic

honestly, I don't know the first thing about Jeeps (I am a chevy guy) other than what I have been reading online and on jeep forums the past week or two. im trying to find out more about my detriot lockers, and need to do some basic work (brake lines replaced, fuel pump issue? (still havent diagnosed it), some under the hood cleanup) and he also gave me a new steering stabilizer when i bought it that I need to install. I guess I will learn as I go..


Good to be here! I wonder if the guy I bought it from was on this forum at all?
Welcome to the Jeep family and to this forum! I have been bending your ear in another thread.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
dmw319
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 122
yes sir! i appreciate it. i wish you could tell me what was wrong with my jeep. haha
dmw319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
little_Jeep
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw319 View Post
yes sir! i appreciate it. i wish you could tell me what was wrong with my jeep. haha
Why new motor with only 76,000 on the clock? Bring it to Louisville, we may or may not get it running, but we sure can have fun trying Do you have pressure at the fuel rail?
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
dmw319
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Why new motor with only 76,000 on the clock? Bring it to Louisville, we may or may not get it running, but we sure can have fun trying Do you have pressure at the fuel rail?
the guy i bought it from had a turbo motor on it, then swapped out a fresh motor when he sold it.

yea ive got fuel pressure at the rail. he said it had a bad fuel pump when i bought it. although, if i unplug the MAP and IAC, the car runs. if I plug them up, the car only lasts a few minutes or wont start after being ran.
dmw319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
little_Jeep
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw319 View Post
the guy i bought it from had a turbo motor on it, then swapped out a fresh motor when he sold it.

yea ive got fuel pressure at the rail. he said it had a bad fuel pump when i bought it. although, if i unplug the MAP and IAC, the car runs. if I plug them up, the car only lasts a few minutes or wont start after being ran.
Did he swap fuel pumps also? What pressure reading are you getting?
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
dmw319
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Did he swap fuel pumps also? What pressure reading are you getting?

nah i dont believe he did. pretty sure its stock. i havent tested to get pressure, just unplugged it at the rail and started the car to make sure there was some coming out. but ive driven the car around for about 30 minutes with no issues as long as those sensors are unplugged
dmw319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 03:28 AM   #8
tarheelTJ
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 93
If you haven't checked us out, come on over to CarolinaOffRoadForum.com
We are a local group just a little over a year old. Some of us are headed up to Uwharrie 7/25 if you are interested.
__________________
Red 98 Wrangler-RC 2.5 lift-RC SS-JKS Quicker Discos -33x12.50 GY Duratracs-Cragar 365 V5s-Uniden pc68ltw-FabFour Hardcore bumper-SB XRC8 winch-Big Daddy Rock rails
tarheelTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 07:56 AM   #9
dmw319
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 122
thanks!
dmw319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:13 PM   #10
gharris54
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 234
Yeah man, I am a member of VerticalExcursions in Raleigh. We have meetings at 4wheelparts on Glenwood every second thursday of the month at 6:30. Check out our website, we would love to see you at a meeting
__________________
2000 dubya jay, IRO 3'' and 265/75R16 bighorns, quicker discos, custon spring retainers, custom ford 9'' rear end with the stock wj discs

Dana35 SOLID diff cover and a lock-right locker for a Dana35 for sale
gharris54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #11
dmw319
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharris54 View Post
Yeah man, I am a member of VerticalExcursions in Raleigh. We have meetings at 4wheelparts on Glenwood every second thursday of the month at 6:30. Check out our website, we would love to see you at a meeting

whats the website?
dmw319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #12
gharris54
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 234
varticalexcursions.com
__________________
2000 dubya jay, IRO 3'' and 265/75R16 bighorns, quicker discos, custon spring retainers, custom ford 9'' rear end with the stock wj discs

Dana35 SOLID diff cover and a lock-right locker for a Dana35 for sale
gharris54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
little_Jeep
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,899
I'll bring this thread back from the dead.... here is an item that you might be interested in.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/...150-a-1069673/

I do not know the seller, I have nothing to do with sell of item other than provide you the link because I thought you might be interested in it.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 07:24 AM   #14
dmw319
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 122
thanks, dont need it though
dmw319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #15
monkeygruven
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 329
thinking about stopping by the meet tomorrow. is it still on the second thursday @ 4WP at 6:30?
__________________
Originally posted by MotoSoul:

The real trail rated badges are located on your skid plates.
monkeygruven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.