New guy checking in - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > New guy checking in

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 03-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
chief_919

New guy checking in

I live outside Fletcher, work in Clyde, but will be moving back toward Haywood this year.

Working on getting my 79 CJ7 ready for spring with some new stuff, and I also have a 43 GPW that is restored, another 43 GPW waiting for work, a 52 M38A1, and a ton of old Jeep parts and such.

So far my CJ is mostly stock. It has 31x10.50's, stock 258 but I just replaced the intake and exhaust with late model water jacket intake and the right exhaust because the old exhaust cracked. Did a Motorcraft 2100 carb swap last year and never looked back.

Right now I started out to replace the blower motor, but that involved taking the battery tray off, it was bad so I went ahead and got a dual battery tray, and while I had all that off I am going ahead and replacing the fender since it was rusty.... these projects snowball.

I have a winch bumper and better rear bumper on the way, and have a Ramsey RE-8000 winch but I am going to sell it and go with something else, that thing is a beast, and I will get something lighter.

chief_919 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
_AdriaN_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hopefully you get it put back together soon. There are group rides kinda often it seems, so once the warm weather finally decides to happen, join in on a ride.
_AdriaN_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
chief_919

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AdriaN_ View Post
Hopefully you get it put back together soon. There are group rides kinda often it seems, so once the warm weather finally decides to happen, join in on a ride.
Got most of it back together today... hopefully the weather will clear up later this week and I will be on the road for the weekend.

Had to fabricate a mount for the throttle cable bracket, since I switched to a newer water jacket style intake.
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
chief_919

Woo-Hoo, back on the road. Got everything bolted up save for a few detail pieces, but I do need to get the heater hoses hooked to the intake manifold.

If you see a black CJ with the bottom of the tub in gray primer between Clyde and Hendersonville, that is me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.