The NC Guys Chat Thread - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > The NC Guys Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #121
BGClemson

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeProof View Post
The 30/35 isn't that bad if you have the right build plan for it. Im going the route of learning how to regear while im in afghan so when I get back I can swap in 4.53's and go up to 33" tires. I'll figure out what to do as far as strengthened shafts, I might just pull stock 27 splines for spares from a JY and wheel easy on the skinny pedal.

Also touching on RC, I have their 2.5" springs and shocks and I wheeled flawlessly at URE when I went there. Doing everything except Daniel in all directions. Never felt like my RC or stock components were putting me in jeopardy or flat lining the jeep. But its all about how you wheel.

Once I went truly wheeling for the first time, I completely threw out all my "upgrade lists" and "perfect rig build plans" because once you put rubber to rocks/dirt/gravel/etc it really changes the difference between needed and wanted.
I appreciate the insight, and also your service

Let me rephrase on the rc kit. The springs/shocks could be great for all I know. I just don't like that transfer case drop, but I am getting ready to take care of that next!

As far as build plans are concerned, I know nothing is ever etched in stone. The ideas that I have for the heep change daily. It will be good for me to get out and beat on this thing and go from there

BGClemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #122
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My plans have changed at least ten times in the past few months.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #123
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

If you guys want to do a URE trip, I'll show up, but that place just doesn't do it for me. I'm planning on heading to Gulches once my TJ is buttoned up, which should happen here in the next month or so.

Oh, and RC 2.5" coils are pretty much the best coil on the market for running less than 3" suspension lift, just sayin.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #124
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Following Seth and following me require different levels of confidence.
This couldn't be truer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #125
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure how soon I'll be ready to go anywhere, as working on the rig yesterday uncovered several issues I need to fix. I need f&r trackbars, stretch tank or cell (yes Jake you had a nice idea but I don't believe it will help the track bar without triangulating the rear), a new top foremost, some steering stuff, and at least some sliders (which means I'll need to at least have front fenders for alignment on hand.) Also would like an engine skid and a few other things.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #126
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
I'm not sure how soon I'll be ready to go anywhere, as working on the rig yesterday uncovered several issues I need to fix. I need f&r trackbars, stretch tank or cell (yes Jake you had a nice idea but I don't believe it will help the track bar without triangulating the rear), a new top foremost, some steering stuff, and at least some sliders (which means I'll need to at least have front fenders for alignment on hand.) Also would like an engine skid and a few other things.
So go ahead and triangulate it. It's not hard. All you need are brackets for the uppers, some tube inserts, and some tubing. You can use the JJs from your Rokmen arms. I could even show you how to stretch 3-4" with those RC lowers I gave you. Hardest part would be the coils, but with such a small stretch you wouldn't have to notch the frame like I did.
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #127
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So go ahead and triangulate it. It's not hard. All you need are brackets for the uppers, some tube inserts, and some tubing. You can use the JJs from your Rokmen arms. I could even show you how to stretch 3-4" with those RC lowers I gave you. Hardest part would be the coils, but with such a small stretch you wouldn't have to notch the frame like I did.
I'm not going to have the downtime this summer to do that I believe, plus I'll need the stretch armor, which is even more $$

Quote:
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #128
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My top isn't I the best shape but if you need it I can sell you it for cheap.

Unread 05-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #129
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
My top isn't I the best shape but if you need it I can sell you it for cheap.

Wasn't your top spice?

Quote:
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #130
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

Wasn't your top spice?
Yeah. I just didn't know if you wanted a quick replacement.

Unread 05-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #131
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
I'm not going to have the downtime this summer to do that I believe, plus I'll need the stretch armor, which is even more $$
You don't have to stretch it to triangulate it. This would be a lot easier if you stopped caring so much about looks.
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #132
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You don't have to stretch it to triangulate it. This would be a lot easier if you stopped caring so much about looks.
That's never gonna happen. But looks arent my primary concerns with this stuff. More money and time than looks

Quote:
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #133
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Yeah. I just didn't know if you wanted a quick replacement.

I won't need one until mid August.

Quote:
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #134
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

I won't need one until mid August.
Alright

Unread 05-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #135
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you guys want to do a URE trip, I'll show up, but that place just doesn't do it for me. I'm planning on heading to Gulches once my TJ is buttoned up, which should happen here in the next month or so.

Oh, and RC 2.5" coils are pretty much the best coil on the market for running less than 3" suspension lift, just sayin.
I agree with that . The first time I ever wheeled my TJ anywhere other than sand by the beach was at URE, it was on 33's 2" lift and stock open 3.73 gears and I did almost every trail there including Daniel and Dickey Bell. After adding more mods to my jeep its become even easier so its almost boring running some of the trails, just getting covered in dust going up and down the berms forever and finally getting to one or two obstacles that dont even require a spot. I would like to try somewhere like gulches too, or the flats when they have an open invite that place looks pretty fun!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.