Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
174K views 4K replies 99 participants last post by  VnzlXJ 
#1 ·
Creating this thread for some of us local guys as a permanent place to discuss topics that would otherwise clutter our build threads (too late for mine). Mainly intended for me, Jankoid, tyvanwie, JCJeep97 and greene69, but open to all NC peeps. Feel free to duck in.

#3,179 ·
greene69 said:
What a nice day. Wish I had time to put the top down and cruise to CABARRUS creamery for some ice cream.
LifeProof said:
It was amazing today Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
And just think, soon it will be nice all the time! Looking forward to getting pollen season behind us so I can't tear my jeep apart to enjoy the weather and start camping again.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

#3,184 ·
My tires came in. Going to stop by and get them Friday, hope i can get them mounted this weekend. 4wp wanted $125 to mount them, that seems kinda high.

#3,185 ·
Well I found another purpose for rtv, my red wing work boots were coming to pieces as of last week and my new ones wouldn't be in until tomorrow(my last work day during spring break) so I had to make due with what I had. Just shoved a good bit of rtv on the inside of the sole and then set my printer on them for the night and they have survived an entire workweek with miles of walking on concrete floor. Will even be able to keep them around as spares because of this.

In jeep news, I'm planning on installing my new ome springs and hockey puck bumpstops in the rear on Saturday to replace the 5 year old ones that are on it. Went with the zj springs up front and the 949s in the rear so maybe I will actually get 2" of lift on the lj.

Went to install my metalcloak steering box skid plate and believe it or not I couldnt... Had my drill at the ready only to realize that ****tybilt decided to put a freaking gusset on the inside of the bumper right where the button cap screw goes... Didn't have the time or the desire to drill a hole in the skid so I guess I'll just wait til I finally pick up one of their front aluminum bumpers whenever I can sell my current one.

Looks like I'm getting down to crunch time between funds and getting married in 14 months so I'm probably going to buy like one more thing for the Jeep until I graduate and get a job(although she would have been working a year). Gotta start being tight with my money now and over the summer so I'm gonna treat myself with one thing and I've gotta decide what... on the list, which is not in order of preference, is...

Overline Fenders
Metalcloak rockers
Lower Control Arms/front trackbar
Savvy/Currie Steering

What do you guys think?

#3,195 ·
So it's looking like metalcloak sliders, guess I'll need to sell my old springs, get rid of these sliders (believe it or not there has been a lot interest in them), sell my cold air intake and put the stock one back on, and all that paired with 5% that Matson told me he'd give me I should be pretty close to being able to pick up a powdercoated set without dropping too much of my spring break/tax return cash. Just gotta get my ducks in a row I reckon, but I don't know if it's possible to have them in before the jamboree.

#3,192 ·
Welp, my P0135 turned into a P0135, P0155, and P0432. In order: Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 Heater Circuit Malf, Bank 2 Sensor 1 O2 Heater Circuit Malf, Bank 2 Main Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold. Right when I need it inspected. Great.

#3,209 ·
The second ledge was sketchy as hell. A real butt clencher. About 2 very narrow lines that wouldn't result in a rollover and both were still very off camber.

It may be a little extreme, but they needed it. It will only be a few months (or enough Jamboree people) before the ledges are dug back out.

#3,218 ·
Hey guys been on the forum a little while now and came across this thread. I am hopefully gonna be moving up to boone this summer and I am looking to join a club. I have wheeled several times at richlands, awesome trail, but want more! anymore trails around boone/Blowing rock/banner elk? Thanks! here's my baby

Attachments

#3,219 ·
mdrum93 said:
Hey guys been on the forum a little while now and came across this thread. I am hopefully gonna be moving up to boone this summer and I am looking to join a club. I have wheeled several times at richlands, awesome trail, but want more! anymore trails around boone/Blowing rock/banner elk? Thanks! here's my baby
Are you going to app?

I live up here and unfortunately there isn't really anywhere else but Richlands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.