post #1036 of Old 07-10-2013, 04:34 PM
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Damn


I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
post #1037 of Old 07-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle
Posts: 4,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Hardtops suck. The halftops look cool but I would never run it. I would bust it all to **** on the trail.
Jankoid is offline  
post #1038 of Old 07-10-2013, 04:37 PM
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,864
The only hard top I had was on my VW

I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
post #1039 of Old 07-10-2013, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
sjones26573
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh
Posts: 9,836
Oh, right. Forgot you wanted the soft halftop.

The Offroad Club @ NC State; Founder
The Yellowtail Build
Jeep-Owner.com
sjones26573 is offline  
post #1040 of Old 07-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle
Posts: 4,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Nope, Alan was correct, although I have no idea if it sheared or the nut backed off. It was a ***** driving and went sharp right under braking.
I'd say you probably sheared the bolt off running those double poly arms. That's what happens with those. If those lower mounts didn't have those JKS gussets on there you'd have probably ripped the mount off. Buy some grade 8 bolts so it doesn't happen again.

http://www.barnes4wd.com/Four-Link-G...x-4_p_236.html
Jankoid is offline  
post #1041 of Old 07-10-2013, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
sjones26573
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh
Posts: 9,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
I'd say you probably sheared the bolt off running those double poly arms. That's what happens with those. If those lower mounts didn't have those JKS gussets on there you'd have probably ripped the mount off. Buy some grade 8 bolts so it doesn't happen again.

http://www.barnes4wd.com/Four-Link-G...x-4_p_236.html
Done.

And where did you see it was illegal to run Heims? I just searched Chapter 20 of the General Statutes and all it said was you have to have steering in good shape.

The Offroad Club @ NC State; Founder
The Yellowtail Build
Jeep-Owner.com
sjones26573 is offline  
post #1042 of Old 07-10-2013, 05:28 PM
greene69
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Concord, Oak Island
Posts: 1,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Eating a pb&j then drinking my hyphy mud and going to the gym. Since stupid brown Santa hasn't delivered Pump-HD and BLOX yet.
Mud? I'm sorry , enjoying some ice cold beer . lol

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool.
Nothing like a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling. I have a few.
4.0 auto, 8.8 rear with detroit locker, 4.10's and 33x 12.50's
greene69 is offline  
post #1043 of Old 07-10-2013, 05:30 PM
jeepinjeepin
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winston-Salem
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

Done.

And where did you see it was illegal to run Heims? I just searched Chapter 20 of the General Statutes and all it said was you have to have steering in good shape.
I don't hold a NC vehicle inspection license anymore, but I don't remember seeing anything about aftermarket steering or suspension components in the manual from when I did have it. It seems that as long as there is no play it would be fine. I have heard that heims do wear out fairly quickly on a daily driver. I have a hard time believing that though.
jeepinjeepin is offline  
post #1044 of Old 07-10-2013, 05:30 PM
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by greene69

Mud? I'm sorry , enjoying some ice cold beer . lol
Lol. Hyphy mud. It's instant coffee mixed with Pepsi.

I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
post #1045 of Old 07-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle
Posts: 4,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post

Done.

And where did you see it was illegal to run Heims? I just searched Chapter 20 of the General Statutes and all it said was you have to have steering in good shape.
More of a gray area than an actual law. A clever insurance agent might could use it against you if you got in a wreck. That's not my real reason for disliking them though. They wear out quick (quicker than a TRE anyway) and squeak. No thanks. I'll stick with one ton TREs for the steering and johnny joints for the track bar.
Jankoid is offline  
post #1046 of Old 07-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Richisinyoface
Registered User
 
Richisinyoface's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Lol. Hyphy mud. It's instant coffee mixed with Pepsi.
eewwwww! how did you come up with that? I cant be that far behind the times

Just Empty Every Pocket.......yup they are empty all right.................

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline  
post #1047 of Old 07-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle
Posts: 4,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post

Lol. Hyphy mud. It's instant coffee mixed with Pepsi.
That sounds utterly disgusting...
Jankoid is offline  
post #1048 of Old 07-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Richisinyoface
Registered User
 
Richisinyoface's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
That sounds utterly disgusting...
The exact reason for my post.....lets talk about Jankoids new popup camper instead

Just Empty Every Pocket.......yup they are empty all right.................

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline  
post #1049 of Old 07-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle
Posts: 4,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richisinyoface View Post

The exact reason for my post.....lets talk about Jankoids new popup camper instead
Okay!!

I popped the top on it today. The canvas looks new. In fact, I don't think this thing has ever been camped in, seriously. There is a factory warranty paper on the counter, the interior is spotless, and the table is still stored under the bed. That's unbelievable!





Hard to get a good interior picture. I'm 6'3" and there is still a couple inches of headroom left for me. I figured I was gonna be hunched over in there. I haven't laid on it yet, but the bed is actually pretty spacious. The couch turns into a bed too, but anyone over 4' tall would be majorly uncomfortable. It's meant more for kids. I definitely can't sleep there.

Jankoid is offline  
post #1050 of Old 07-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Richisinyoface
Registered User
 
Richisinyoface's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Okay!!

I popped the top on it today. The canvas looks new. In fact, I don't think this thing has ever been camped in, seriously. There is a factory warranty paper on the counter, the interior is spotless, and the table is still stored under the bed. That's unbelievable!





Hard to get a good interior picture. I'm 6'3" and there is still a couple inches of headroom left for me. I figured I was gonna be hunched over in there. I haven't laid on it yet, but the bed is actually pretty spacious. The couch turns into a bed too, but anyone over 4' tall would be majorly uncomfortable. It's meant more for kids. I definitely can't sleep there.

You are so so lucky! nice grab for sure

Just Empty Every Pocket.......yup they are empty all right.................

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline  
Reply

Tags
badasses , nc guys , tyvanwie is a derp , tyvanwie is a sellout , who is ron?


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome