The NC Guys Chat Thread - Page 68 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > The NC Guys Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Reply
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #1006
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle, NC
Posts: 4,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by greene69 View Post
7.3 is the cats ***. I know a few people with 400k and more on them. I have 3 fords so I am parcel.
I love Fords as well. My first vehicle was a white '99 F250 with the Triton V8 (it was the light duty 250 with the 150 body style), sold it earlier this year. My dad has had many over the years. Currently has the red one pictured above, a '95 F250 also with the 7.3, and a F650 with a blown 5.9 Cummins. We have a Cat diesel to go in its place () and a 4 car wedge trailer to use for hauling Jeeps to Moab!

My old 250 (you can see my dad's other 7.3 in the background)



The 650



Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #1007
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler
 
Richisinyoface's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid

Considering I got it from the same salvage site I get all of my wrecked Jeeps from, it's in amazing condition! The interior looks brand new, I doubt the PO ever used it. Only thing wrong is all 4 of the jacks have been knocked off, which is why it was at an insurance auction. I'll obviously have to fix that so I can take it on and off of the truck, but it should be a fairly simple fix. It's an '05 model, and it has a gas powered fridge, stove, and heater. I just need to add a small air conditioner and it'll be perfect for trips to Gulches, Harlan, and Windrock! For $900 I think it was a steal!

It's the ultimate hardtop duh!
Can you possibly Pm that salvage site, you definitely got a steal there, congrats!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
__________________
Just Empty Every Pocket.......yup they are empty all right.................

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #1008
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle, NC
Posts: 4,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richisinyoface View Post
Can you possibly Pm that salvage site, you definitely got a steal there, congrats!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
It's iaai.com

You have to pay to be a member, and in many states you need a dealers license to bid.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #1009
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler
 
Richisinyoface's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid

It's iaai.com

You have to pay to be a member, and in many states you need a dealers license to bid.
Makes sense, especially since your dad has a shop, but thank you!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
__________________
Just Empty Every Pocket.......yup they are empty all right.................

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #1010
greene69
Web Wheeler
 
greene69's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Concord, Oak Island, nc
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post

I love Fords as well. My first vehicle was a white '99 F250 with the Triton V8 (it was the light duty 250 with the 150 body style), sold it earlier this year. My dad has had many over the years. Currently has the red one pictured above, a '95 F250 also with the 7.3, and a F650 with a blown 5.9 Cummins. We have a Cat diesel to go in its place () and a 4 car wedge trailer to use for hauling Jeeps to Moab!

My old 250 (you can see my dad's other 7.3 in the background)

The 650
My first car was a 69 mustang. I'd trade them all for that car back.
__________________
It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool.
Nothing like a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling. I have a few.
4.0 auto, 8.8 rear with detroit locker, 4.10's and 33x 12.50's
greene69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #1011
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,496
I didn't realize they made F250s with 150 bodies
__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #1012
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler
 
Richisinyoface's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
I didn't realize they made F250s with 150 bodies
I thought they were all the same body but had different suspension and drive terrain to differentiate them from one another, just my thoughts is all
__________________
Just Empty Every Pocket.......yup they are empty all right.................

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #1013
jeepinjeepin
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid

I love Fords as well. My first vehicle was a white '99 F250 with the Triton V8 (it was the light duty 250 with the 150 body style), sold it earlier this year. My dad has had many over the years. Currently has the red one pictured above, a '95 F250 also with the 7.3, and a F650 with a blown 5.9 Cummins. We have a Cat diesel to go in its place () and a 4 car wedge trailer to use for hauling Jeeps to Moab!

My old 250 (you can see my dad's other 7.3 in the background)

The 650
Which CAT is going in the 650?
jeepinjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #1014
JCJeep97
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,302
Detroit locker is bad ***.
__________________
My Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/back-black-2000-tj-build-1237980/
JCJeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #1015
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle, NC
Posts: 4,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin View Post
Which CAT is going in the 650?
No clue, I dont know squat about motors. It's from a similar year model f550.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #1016
JCJeep97
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,302


http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/.../#post15660050
__________________
My Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/back-black-2000-tj-build-1237980/
JCJeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #1017
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richisinyoface View Post
I thought they were all the same body but had different suspension and drive terrain to differentiate them from one another, just my thoughts is all
I know the rear ends look similar but 150s have a different front clip at least in the 20xx's. Never seen an F250 with that front clip. I believe the older F-series trucks all looked pretty much the same. My Stepdads F-350 looks the same as the 150s from that body style (mid-90s).
__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #1018
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler
 
Richisinyoface's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

I know the rear ends look similar but 150s have a different front clip at least in the 20xx's. Never seen an F250 with that front clip. I believe the older F-series trucks all looked pretty much the same. My Stepdads F-350 looks the same as the 150s from that body style (mid-90s).
Yeah I knew they didn't change all that much, my dad has a big crew cab 250 king ranch diesel....I know he likes it.....BTW,how's your jeep doing? Looks like y'all had a great time last weekend, didn't hear any bad reports....

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
__________________
Just Empty Every Pocket.......yup they are empty all right.................

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #1019
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richisinyoface View Post
Yeah I knew they didn't change all that much, my dad has a big crew cab 250 king ranch diesel....I know he likes it.....BTW,how's your jeep doing? Looks like y'all had a great time last weekend, didn't hear any bad reports....

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Well lets see. It has more creaks, squeeks, groans, ticks and rattles than I thought was possible, Ive been getting Death Wobble everyday since we got back and the engine sounds like its losing a piston skirt.

Fun times.
__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:01 AM   #1020
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler
 
Richisinyoface's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Well lets see. It has more creaks, squeeks, groans, ticks and rattles than I thought was possible, Ive been getting Death Wobble everyday since we got back and the engine sounds like its losing a piston skirt.

Fun times.
Oooh.... I have been chasing a small vibration myself, maybe a wheel weight for your death wobble?
__________________
Just Empty Every Pocket.......yup they are empty all right.................

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
badasses , nc guys , tyvanwie is a derp , tyvanwie is a sellout , who is ron?

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.