Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
174K views 4K replies 99 participants last post by  VnzlXJ 
#1 ·
Creating this thread for some of us local guys as a permanent place to discuss topics that would otherwise clutter our build threads (too late for mine). Mainly intended for me, Jankoid, tyvanwie, JCJeep97 and greene69, but open to all NC peeps. Feel free to duck in.

#2,960 ·
Jankoid said:
I take that back...

Still can't get the ****ing thing to pass inspection. Fml.

With those fenders you have you are gonna want at least 4 inches of lift to maintain a decent amount of uptravel. Lcog is way overrated anyway. 4" suspension lift and 1" body lift is my preferred setup.
Lol.

That's what I've been thinking about lately. Whenever I get a 44 or 8.8 and an SYE ill probably be moving up MC 3.5" coils and 35s.

#2,971 ·
#2,976 ·
Cleaned the underside of the hood and added about 60 hp.

And a few issues I'm having.

#1. The coolant overflow lid fell off a while back. It had kept popping open, which I think is because part of the lip of the spout peeled off for some unknown reason. I could just replace the cap but I think it will keep happening unless I replace the whole bottle or rebuild the lip somehow. I temp fixed it with some clingwrap and rubber bands and filled the bottle. I doubt the overflow will ever get hot enough to melt it.

#2. The drivers side TRE boot already split. The TRE was funky ever since I installed it. By the time I had it tight, the pin hole was beyond the capture of the castle nut, and the boot had very little room. Even after greasing it, it never really ballooned. I am also curious if the tie rod is what the issue with the steering is. To me it seems like there is a slight upward bow between the tie rod and the TRE on the drivers side.

#3. Upper rad hose is rubbing on AC lines. I guess it shifted some from the WP install. I assume I'm going to need to drain the system partially, unclamp it and rotate it. May replace it while I'm at it.

#2,977 ·
Sold the truck I bought my son to drive before I got his 93 Silverado fixed. New JEEP tires I hope in the next few weeks. Thinking mtz's can get them for $ 220 each. Does that sound good to ya'll?

#2,991 ·
#2,996 ·
Concert in Charlotte. Sorry not Jeep related lol

And now that I look I didn't post this where I thought I did. Stupid iPhone. Sorry

#3,003 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.