The NC Guys Chat Thread - Page 52 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #766 of 4193 Old 06-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle
Posts: 4,897
I could lock up my 35s with my old Advance Auto pads and OEM rotors, still the same with Black Magics and Centric rotors. I don't see how that made my stopping distance any less. If it wasnt for the fact that they were free because I won TJotM, they wouldnt be anywhere near my Jeep.

Jankoid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #767 of 4193 Old 06-29-2013, 06:08 PM
jeepbro's
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 2,739
You get free parts for winning TJOM??? Hell I need to start entering! haha

But I guess maybe I'll just swap in some all new auto zone pads and rotors and rear shoes. Maybe just some all new parts will help, my pads are about 5+ years old so it may do it for me. If it still sucks maybe I'll try black magic pads in 5 more years haha

2002 tj sahara 3" lift 35" km2, AtoZ rockers, 8k warn, 4.56 gears, lock-rites front and rear
jeepbro's is offline  
post #768 of 4193 Old 06-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle
Posts: 4,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
You get free parts for winning TJOM??? Hell I need to start entering! haha
You did back in 2012, now all you get is $100 gift certificate to MetalCloak.
Jankoid is offline  
post #769 of 4193 Old 06-29-2013, 06:20 PM
jeepbro's
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 2,739
Well damn, I should have at least tried. Oh well

2002 tj sahara 3" lift 35" km2, AtoZ rockers, 8k warn, 4.56 gears, lock-rites front and rear
jeepbro's is offline  
post #770 of 4193 Old 06-29-2013, 06:54 PM
BGClemson
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oak Ridge
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
I could lock up my 35s with my old Advance Auto pads and OEM rotors, still the same with Black Magics and Centric rotors. I don't see how that made my stopping distance any less. If it wasnt for the fact that they were free because I won TJotM, they wouldnt be anywhere near my Jeep.
I could lock my old ones up as well too, I just has no idea which direction I was going with the steering wheel straight. Maybe my originals were trashed, not trying to start anything. I guess compared to what I had anything would of been better. I can't imagine how bad the original brakes I had would be with 35's. I probably would of rear ended someone
BGClemson is offline  
post #771 of 4193 Old 06-29-2013, 08:00 PM
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS
 
LifeProof's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MCB Camp Lejeune
Posts: 1,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredJK View Post
I could lock my old ones up as well too, I just has no idea which direction I was going with the steering wheel straight.
after laughing at that for like 2 solid minutes I realized that I should probably replace my pads and rotors. I always have that problem going from 60-0. I can stop before the red light, I just might not be in the same lane.
LifeProof is offline  
post #772 of 4193 Old 06-30-2013, 08:39 AM
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS
 
LifeProof's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MCB Camp Lejeune
Posts: 1,384
so I erased the codes last night and took it out for a spin this morning, still the same codes.

I checked and found there is a 10 amp fuse for the O2 sensors and a big black fuse thing for them also. both look good.

Here's more info I found.

This code refers to the front oxygen sensor on Bank 1. The heated circuit in the oxygen sensor decreases time needed to enter closed loop. As the O2 heater reaches operating temperature, the oxygen sensor responds by switching according to oxygen content of the exhaust surrounding it. The ECM tracks how long it takes for the oxygen sensor to begin switching. It the ECM determines (based on coolant temp) that too much time elapsed before the oxygen sensor began operating properly, it will set P0135

A code P0135 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
•O2 Heater element resistance is high
•Internal short or open in the heater element
•O2 heater circuit wiring high resistance
•open or short to ground in the wiring harness

Possible Solutions
•Replace oxygen sensor (cannot repair open or short that occurs internally to sensor) well since I already replaced them I will try to tackle the next
•Repair short or open or high resistance in wiring harness or harness connectors
LifeProof is offline  
post #773 of 4193 Old 06-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle
Posts: 4,897
Headed to URE in about am hour to test my new rear locker. Gonna be muddy!
Jankoid is offline  
post #774 of 4193 Old 06-30-2013, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
sjones26573
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh
Posts: 9,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Headed to URE in about am hour to test my new rear locker. Gonna be muddy!
How long you gonna be there?

The Offroad Club @ NC State; Founder
The Yellowtail Build
Jeep-Owner.com
sjones26573 is offline  
post #775 of 4193 Old 06-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle
Posts: 4,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post

How long you gonna be there?
No more than a few hours probably.
Jankoid is offline  
post #776 of 4193 Old 06-30-2013, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
sjones26573
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh
Posts: 9,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
No more than a few hours probably.
Ok. Just gonna finish my skid.

The Offroad Club @ NC State; Founder
The Yellowtail Build
Jeep-Owner.com
sjones26573 is offline  
post #777 of 4193 Old 06-30-2013, 12:40 PM
jeepinjeepin
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winston-Salem
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeProof
so I erased the codes last night and took it out for a spin this morning, still the same codes.

I checked and found there is a 10 amp fuse for the O2 sensors and a big black fuse thing for them also. both look good.

Here's more info I found.

This code refers to the front oxygen sensor on Bank 1. The heated circuit in the oxygen sensor decreases time needed to enter closed loop. As the O2 heater reaches operating temperature, the oxygen sensor responds by switching according to oxygen content of the exhaust surrounding it. The ECM tracks how long it takes for the oxygen sensor to begin switching. It the ECM determines (based on coolant temp) that too much time elapsed before the oxygen sensor began operating properly, it will set P0135

A code P0135 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
•O2 Heater element resistance is high
•Internal short or open in the heater element
•O2 heater circuit wiring high resistance
•open or short to ground in the wiring harness

Possible Solutions
•Replace oxygen sensor (cannot repair open or short that occurs internally to sensor) well since I already replaced them I will try to tackle the next
•Repair short or open or high resistance in wiring harness or harness connectors
What vehicle are you working on? My 2004 WJ burns a CEL almost all winter. I think there is a ECM reflash to lengthen the timer.
jeepinjeepin is offline  
post #778 of 4193 Old 06-30-2013, 12:45 PM
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS
 
LifeProof's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MCB Camp Lejeune
Posts: 1,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin

What vehicle are you working on? My 2004 WJ burns a CEL almost all winter. I think there is a ECM reflash to lengthen the timer.
2002 jeep wrangler x 4.0 L 6 cyl.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
LifeProof is offline  
post #779 of 4193 Old 06-30-2013, 01:03 PM
jeepinjeepin
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winston-Salem
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeProof

2002 jeep wrangler x 4.0 L 6 cyl.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Factory exhaust? I found on another forum that a relay sends power to the O2 heaters. Relay 34? Under the hood. Swap it with something nonessential that you would notice, AC compressor, heater motor, etc.
jeepinjeepin is offline  
post #780 of 4193 Old 06-30-2013, 01:13 PM
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS
 
LifeProof's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MCB Camp Lejeune
Posts: 1,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin

Factory exhaust? I found on another forum that a relay sends power to the O2 heaters. Relay 34? Under the hood. Swap it with something nonessential that you would notice, AC compressor, heater motor, etc.
Everything is factory except the muffler, but I did replace it with one, I think it's a Thrush muffler.

I'll go check relay 34 though, I don't have an ac but I'll see what I can do.

I appreciate all the help

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
LifeProof is offline  
Reply

Tags
badasses , nc guys , tyvanwie is a derp , tyvanwie is a sellout , who is ron?

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome