The NC Guys Chat Thread - Page 49 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > The NC Guys Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #721
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I always bring my camera when I go wheeling, but I always end up forgetting to take pictures.

Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #722
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

That's the best part about have a co-driver

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #723
jeepinjeepin
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredJK

Dude, you are struggling with the rain/storms here in the last few days. The f250 has been getting most of the reps this week, like clockwork, everyday here it rains at about 5 pm.

In other news I am going to Uwharrie on Saturday. First time I have had the jeep out, first time I have ever wheeled anything for that matter. Looking forward to it, anyone got any pointers for a rookie?
Get a map and learn it. The trails cross a fair bit there and you can get a little turned around. Start with the easy trails and work up. I haven't been to URE in some time but I know from the last trip that the "hard" trails are getting extreme.
jeepinjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #724
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Do you think I should risk using this older OEM TOB that was in this trans and have it installed by tomorrow or wait and go get my year old Luk TBO from my trans at the farm and wait a while? This trans is also missing an alignment dowel which I will either have to buy from the stealership or pull off of my old trans.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #725
jeepinjeepin
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Do you think I should risk using this older OEM TOB that was in this trans and have it installed by tomorrow or wait and go get my year old Luk TBO from my trans at the farm and wait a while? This trans is also missing an alignment dowel which I will either have to buy from the stealership or pull off of my old trans.
How old is the OEM? How does it feel?
Unread 06-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #726
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

2002 trans. It spins ok and slides alright but I don't trust it. I can't go get the Luk tonite so its either parts store or run old one. And I found the dowels in the engine block.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #727
jeepinjeepin
2004 WJ 

Quote:
2002 trans. It spins ok and slides alright but I don't trust it. I can't go get the Luk tonite so its either parts store or run old one. And I found the dowels in the engine block.
If you don't trust it hit it with a hammer and throw it in the scrap bin.
Unread 06-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #728
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone else get ****ed by this weather?

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #729
jeepinjeepin
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie
Anyone else get ****ed by this weather?

The thunderstorms aren't doing my garden any favors.
Unread 06-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #730
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin

The thunderstorms aren't doing my garden any favors.
They didn't do my dads 4runner any favors either...

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #731
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Didn't get hit by anything yet over here

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #732
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So since getting a company truck (2012 F150) at the beginning of the month I havent driven my tj at all until today when I got home from work. I Just hooked my boat to it, drove around the neighborhood to drain the water out of the boat, and backed the boat into the garage to work on it. Well after that 1/3 mile drive I felt like my jeep was a piece of crap...Steering felt loose, brakes felt terrible and I was sitting almost hugging the steering wheel with the seat all the way back. This damn work truck spoiled me with a comfortable ride, quite-ness, large interior etc...etc...etc...and has now made my jeep seem like a turd in comparison . The biggest thing I think I hate right now that I actually can do something about is the brakes. I always thought they felt pretty good for having 35s and that I would manage fine, but this f150's brakes could throw you through the windshield if you just tap them hard so I've gotten so used to good/touchy brakes for the past 4000 miles and 4 weeks that the jeep feels like it barely has any...

Looks like I'm finally going to have to do some maintenance/upgrades I've wanted to for a little while just never felt I 'needed' to and could get by with out it. First is probably Black Magic brakes along with new hubs/unit bearings and front u-joints, and some time in the near future collect parts for the rear disc swap.

I really need to drive it more, I've put more miles on this work truck since June first than I have on my jeep since LAST AUGUST!! I need to drive it with the top down and doors off and back to the beach so I can fall in love with it again. My first feelings toward it after driving it today was that it felt like a beater that only belongs off road. I remember when I first got it, driving to the OBX with no doors and a safari top loving every second of it both on the highway and when I was driving on the beach. How do I regain that love for it? Maybe I am starting to get old and that makes me want fancy comforts in a vehicle even though in my head I think I just something rugged and bouncy...

Well thats just my random thoughts of tonight. I know I'll probably never sell the Jeep unless I loose my job and through a chain of events absolutely need cash, I just wonder how many dollars I'll sink in it before I can regain that happiness I had from driving a jeep with 33's and no doors.
Maybe a 5.3L V8 will do it
Unread 06-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #733
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I JUST GOT ****ING WET! I had tital waves coming over the Jeep theres so much flooding.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE

Quote:
Unread 06-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #734
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I JUST GOT ****ING WET! I had tital waves coming over the Jeep theres so much flooding.
Move to the beach, soaks right in!

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #735
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Im on my way home from concord mills. My friend who was driving was uncomfortable driving in the heavy rain, so we pulled over at a gas station in mt pleasent, AND OMG THEY HAVE YOOHOO ICEES!!! THIS IS THE BEST THING EVEEEERRRRR!!!!!!!
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.