The NC Guys Chat Thread - Page 48 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > The NC Guys Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #706
TimMcc

Eggs

Unread 06-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #707
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

CRAWL and JP both in my mailbox! Woot woot biz natch

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Edit: oh and idk if any follows along with it but resQ1 looks like its done, haven't read the article yet. The pic is on the cover though, it's niiice

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #708
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm bored. Everyone start posting wheeling pictures of their rigs!
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #709
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid
I'm bored. Everyone start posting wheeling pictures of their rigs!

I like this game

SEMPER FI
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #710
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Look at that flex

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #711
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie
Look at that flex

Lol, mine looks like it has a lot of flex but that's just cause its on 30's lol shhhh

SEMPER FI
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #712
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

part of me wishes I had just done a BB and some 31s, but I'm more than happy with the way mine is now with the 33s. I think I'm gonna stay here for awhile.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #713
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah it pretty nice, being that I went that route I don't see a point in upgrading a few things for 33's then having to redo some of the same stuff for 35's... I might come back from my deployment and just jump to 35's.. I'll have enough saved only set aside just for that anyway.

SEMPER FI
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #714
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

WELL I JUST GOT ****ING SOAKED. Also learned that YJ brakes and rain don't combine when they locked up and I went soaring into a red light. Luckily I stopped 1/4 in and no one was going that way. I was amazed I kept the trailer straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #715
BGClemson

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
WELL I JUST GOT ****ING SOAKED. Also learned that YJ brakes and rain don't combine when they locked up and I went soaring into a red light. Luckily I stopped 1/4 in and no one was going that way. I was amazed I kept the trailer straight.
Dude, you are struggling with the rain/storms here in the last few days. The f250 has been getting most of the reps this week, like clockwork, everyday here it rains at about 5 pm.

In other news I am going to Uwharrie on Saturday. First time I have had the jeep out, first time I have ever wheeled anything for that matter. Looking forward to it, anyone got any pointers for a rookie?
BGClemson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 02:48 AM   #716
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredJK

Dude, you are struggling with the rain/storms here in the last few days. The f250 has been getting most of the reps this week, like clockwork, everyday here it rains at about 5 pm.

In other news I am going to Uwharrie on Saturday. First time I have had the jeep out, first time I have ever wheeled anything for that matter. Looking forward to it, anyone got any pointers for a rookie?
It's going to be raining like this through Sunday, you sir are going to experience wet clay. Look up at my pics I just posted after Jank asked for wheeling pics, that's URE after 5 hours of light rain. I can't imagine what it's going to be like Saturday

Have fun!

SEMPER FI
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:43 AM   #717
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredJK View Post

Make sure you wheel with a buddy, club, or if nothing else some random person that has been there before. The first two times I went I met up with a random guy from JF looking for someone to wheel with. Gotta wheel with someone else especially when it's wet out. Nothing sucks worse then getting stuck by yourself, and relying on the kindness of strangers (who are cursing you under the breath for being a noob). It seems almost every time I went out with the club we were bailing someone out, and that takes away from our wheeling time.

It helps if the person/people know the trails. The first few times I was there I had no idea where I was even though I had the maps, and I make maps for a living (geographer/GIS analyst).

There are bypasses for all the gnarly stuff. Take it easy and don't try anything too crazy. You'll be less stressed and enjoy it more of you don't break stuff right of the bat.

Most importantly have fun! Uwharrie is awesome!
sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #718
BGClemson

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchagrins View Post
Make sure you wheel with a buddy, club, or if nothing else some random person that has been there before. The first two times I went I met up with a random guy from JF looking for someone to wheel with. Gotta wheel with someone else especially when it's wet out. Nothing sucks worse then getting stuck by yourself, and relying on the kindness of strangers (who are cursing you under the breath for being a noob). It seems almost every time I went out with the club we were bailing someone out, and that takes away from our wheeling time.

It helps if the person/people know the trails. The first few times I was there I had no idea where I was even though I had the maps, and I make maps for a living (geographer/GIS analyst).

There are bypasses for all the gnarly stuff. Take it easy and don't try anything too crazy. You'll be less stressed and enjoy it more of you don't break stuff right of the bat.

Most importantly have fun! Uwharrie is awesome!
Appreciate the advice! I am going with some guys from Triad Jeep Club, definitely not by myself. And I definitely plan on taking it easy, and learning the ropes.
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #719
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredJK View Post

Appreciate the advice! I am going with some guys from Triad Jeep Club, definitely not by myself. And I definitely plan on taking it easy, and learning the ropes.
Nice! I'm sure you will be having a blast! I'm a little jealous I can't go

I gotta get the Cherokee lifted first. I'm hoping that I can make it down there before they close for the season! The only other bit of advice is take lots of pictures!

sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #720
BGClemson

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchagrins View Post
Nice! I'm sure you will be having a blast! I'm a little jealous I can't go

I gotta get the Cherokee lifted first. I'm hoping that I can make it down there before they close for the season! The only other bit of advice is take lots of pictures!

Where in NC are you located? Get that thing lifted and I'll go down there with you, I am always looking for an excuse. The camera is charged up for sure, I want to make sure I have proof if I mess up and break something

Tags
badasses , nc guys , tyvanwie is a derp , tyvanwie is a sellout , who is ron?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.