The NC Guys Chat Thread - Page 48 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > The NC Guys Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 06-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #706
TimMcc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 97
Eggs

__________________
__________________________
01 Laredo 4.0, 4" RC X Lift, Aussie, JK Rubicons, 32's
TimMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #707
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS
 
LifeProof's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MCB Camp Lejeune, NC
Posts: 1,253
CRAWL and JP both in my mailbox! Woot woot biz natch

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Edit: oh and idk if any follows along with it but resQ1 looks like its done, haven't read the article yet. The pic is on the cover though, it's niiice
__________________
Carolina Trail Stalkers

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #708
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle, NC
Posts: 4,849
I'm bored. Everyone start posting wheeling pictures of their rigs!
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #709
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS
 
LifeProof's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MCB Camp Lejeune, NC
Posts: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid
I'm bored. Everyone start posting wheeling pictures of their rigs!








I like this game

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
__________________
Carolina Trail Stalkers

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #710
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone, North Carolina
Posts: 9,545
Look at that flex



Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone
__________________
[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/tys-tj-1475530/#post14926343"]MY BUILD THREAD[/URL][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"][B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f374/tyvanwies-log-transformation-1489190/"]MY FITNESS LOG/TRANSFORMATION[/URL][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"][B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jk-tj-parts-1525039/"]JK AND TJ PARTS FOR SALE[/URL][/B][/SIZE]

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #711
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS
 
LifeProof's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MCB Camp Lejeune, NC
Posts: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie
Look at that flex



Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone
Lol, mine looks like it has a lot of flex but that's just cause its on 30's lol shhhh

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
__________________
Carolina Trail Stalkers

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #712
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone, North Carolina
Posts: 9,545
part of me wishes I had just done a BB and some 31s, but I'm more than happy with the way mine is now with the 33s. I think I'm gonna stay here for awhile.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone
__________________
[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/tys-tj-1475530/#post14926343"]MY BUILD THREAD[/URL][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"][B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f374/tyvanwies-log-transformation-1489190/"]MY FITNESS LOG/TRANSFORMATION[/URL][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"][B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jk-tj-parts-1525039/"]JK AND TJ PARTS FOR SALE[/URL][/B][/SIZE]

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #713
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS
 
LifeProof's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MCB Camp Lejeune, NC
Posts: 1,253
Yeah it pretty nice, being that I went that route I don't see a point in upgrading a few things for 33's then having to redo some of the same stuff for 35's... I might come back from my deployment and just jump to 35's.. I'll have enough saved only set aside just for that anyway.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
__________________
Carolina Trail Stalkers

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #714
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,487
WELL I JUST GOT ****ING SOAKED. Also learned that YJ brakes and rain don't combine when they locked up and I went soaring into a red light. Luckily I stopped 1/4 in and no one was going that way. I was amazed I kept the trailer straight.
__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #715
BGClemson
Member
 
BGClemson's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oak Ridge, NC
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
WELL I JUST GOT ****ING SOAKED. Also learned that YJ brakes and rain don't combine when they locked up and I went soaring into a red light. Luckily I stopped 1/4 in and no one was going that way. I was amazed I kept the trailer straight.
Dude, you are struggling with the rain/storms here in the last few days. The f250 has been getting most of the reps this week, like clockwork, everyday here it rains at about 5 pm.

In other news I am going to Uwharrie on Saturday. First time I have had the jeep out, first time I have ever wheeled anything for that matter. Looking forward to it, anyone got any pointers for a rookie?
BGClemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 02:48 AM   #716
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS
 
LifeProof's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MCB Camp Lejeune, NC
Posts: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredJK

Dude, you are struggling with the rain/storms here in the last few days. The f250 has been getting most of the reps this week, like clockwork, everyday here it rains at about 5 pm.

In other news I am going to Uwharrie on Saturday. First time I have had the jeep out, first time I have ever wheeled anything for that matter. Looking forward to it, anyone got any pointers for a rookie?
It's going to be raining like this through Sunday, you sir are going to experience wet clay. Look up at my pics I just posted after Jank asked for wheeling pics, that's URE after 5 hours of light rain. I can't imagine what it's going to be like Saturday

Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
__________________
Carolina Trail Stalkers

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:43 AM   #717
sanchagrins
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredJK View Post

Dude, you are struggling with the rain/storms here in the last few days. The f250 has been getting most of the reps this week, like clockwork, everyday here it rains at about 5 pm.

In other news I am going to Uwharrie on Saturday. First time I have had the jeep out, first time I have ever wheeled anything for that matter. Looking forward to it, anyone got any pointers for a rookie?
Make sure you wheel with a buddy, club, or if nothing else some random person that has been there before. The first two times I went I met up with a random guy from JF looking for someone to wheel with. Gotta wheel with someone else especially when it's wet out. Nothing sucks worse then getting stuck by yourself, and relying on the kindness of strangers (who are cursing you under the breath for being a noob). It seems almost every time I went out with the club we were bailing someone out, and that takes away from our wheeling time.

It helps if the person/people know the trails. The first few times I was there I had no idea where I was even though I had the maps, and I make maps for a living (geographer/GIS analyst).

There are bypasses for all the gnarly stuff. Take it easy and don't try anything too crazy. You'll be less stressed and enjoy it more of you don't break stuff right of the bat.

Most importantly have fun! Uwharrie is awesome!
sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #718
BGClemson
Member
 
BGClemson's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oak Ridge, NC
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchagrins View Post
Make sure you wheel with a buddy, club, or if nothing else some random person that has been there before. The first two times I went I met up with a random guy from JF looking for someone to wheel with. Gotta wheel with someone else especially when it's wet out. Nothing sucks worse then getting stuck by yourself, and relying on the kindness of strangers (who are cursing you under the breath for being a noob). It seems almost every time I went out with the club we were bailing someone out, and that takes away from our wheeling time.

It helps if the person/people know the trails. The first few times I was there I had no idea where I was even though I had the maps, and I make maps for a living (geographer/GIS analyst).

There are bypasses for all the gnarly stuff. Take it easy and don't try anything too crazy. You'll be less stressed and enjoy it more of you don't break stuff right of the bat.

Most importantly have fun! Uwharrie is awesome!
Appreciate the advice! I am going with some guys from Triad Jeep Club, definitely not by myself. And I definitely plan on taking it easy, and learning the ropes.
BGClemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #719
sanchagrins
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredJK View Post

Appreciate the advice! I am going with some guys from Triad Jeep Club, definitely not by myself. And I definitely plan on taking it easy, and learning the ropes.
Nice! I'm sure you will be having a blast! I'm a little jealous I can't go

I gotta get the Cherokee lifted first. I'm hoping that I can make it down there before they close for the season! The only other bit of advice is take lots of pictures!

sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #720
BGClemson
Member
 
BGClemson's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oak Ridge, NC
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchagrins View Post
Nice! I'm sure you will be having a blast! I'm a little jealous I can't go

I gotta get the Cherokee lifted first. I'm hoping that I can make it down there before they close for the season! The only other bit of advice is take lots of pictures!

Where in NC are you located? Get that thing lifted and I'll go down there with you, I am always looking for an excuse. The camera is charged up for sure, I want to make sure I have proof if I mess up and break something
BGClemson is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.